Hua Hin Forum on Facebook

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
gphfaruk
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin Forum on Facebook

Post by gphfaruk »

Is there any facebook page of the forum?
Big Boy

Re: Facebook page....

Post by Big Boy »

It's currently work in progress - hopefully, it won't be long.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hua Hin Forum on Facebook

Post by Lev »

This has been in the pipeline for a while and we can finally announce that we have a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/huahinforum

Please have a look and 'like' it, it is only a day old so content will be added. We will use it for the following:
  • Updates on Hua Hin news, events, festivals, and activities
    News, promotions and offers from our sponsors
    Popular topics and valuable, informative posts
    Photos from around Hua Hin
Note: this is a 'fan' or 'business' page, not a personal one, so no personal details can be revealed or shared by your association with it.

We are also seeking Facebook proficient forum members that are interested in helping us maintain the page and adding content to it from time to time. Please send a PM if you are interested in working with us on it.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

whats Facebook, is it some new place to go?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Many of you will have 'Liked' the forum's new Facebook page, and will be benefiting from our regular updates of events and attractions in the area.

We have several days work already planned including:
  • A day at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge
    Wat Huey Mongkol
    A look around Suan Son army recreational facility
    A wander around Khao Takiab
    A trip to Pala-U
    A look around Hua Hin Vineyards
    A trip on Mermaid Cruises' Kingfisher
    Loy Krathong Parade in Hua Hin
    Loy Krathong at Khao Tao
    A walk around Hin Lek Fai
However, we are open to suggestions, and would like to hear places and events that you would like us to feature. We can't make promises, but will try to include as much as possible, thanks for your continued interest and support.

The page is also available to all forum sponsors to feature content so please email us if you are interested in this extra exposure for your business.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

How about skimming over the likes of the floating market and some of the more mainstream evening activities or areas to dine that are popular to be in without going near 'adult' themed things?

Or would this be giving businesses free coverage and thus a no-no?
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've already covered the floating markets, together with a couple of other local attractions. We're still going out regularly gathering more information to post.

The mainstream evening activities will be covered in time. Any particular suggestions are welcomed.

Areas to dine is difficult. There are so many to look at/consider in a small town such as Hua Hin. Do you have any suggestions how this one could be tackled without showing favouritism/bias? What I may like/dislike could be completely different to everybody else.

Points 41; Position 18
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Big Boy wrote:without showing favouritism/bias?
I don't think anyone would mind favouritism towards sponsors, as without them we wouldn't have this resource.
I actually like the way the facebook page has been going, its nice to see the possible outings within the Hua Hin area. Maybe an idea would be a day/evening on soi 'whatever' as some soi's are becoming destinations/communities all on their own eg. 6, Canal Road, 88, 94, 102.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I would guess with places to dine, and the like, then you would be trying to capture the atmosphere or ambiance of being there in an area/a road or HH in general at early evening/night time.

For example, you could take pictures of say the beach at sunset that captured the feeling of eating early evening without actually zooming into a specific restaurant or bar. That is what you are trying to do rather like a tourism board would, catch the feeling of being in HH without really giving anyone free exposure too much.

Then, you could give the sponsors their chance to benefit by asking them if they would like to/or can provide a scene/backdrop, with their name tactfully woven in somewhere, projecting what's possible there or a wholesome picture-perfect situation of a family having dinner plus fun, shopping in a market or taking a boat trip etc. You would obviously need someone with good camera acumen that is a good mood catcher. That would give preference to the sponsors and maybe encourage more businesses to sponsor the forum as you could periodically rotate or add more photos to the Facebook page or make it part of the sponsorship offer. I'm sure most of your sponsors would be happy with a photo or two of what's possible ending up on the Facebook page. If it's done right, tastefully and stylishly then it work be great and lots of people would visit or 'like' it.

This need not be an expensive endeavor either to acquire the photos anyhow.........get Buksi down with his camera and get JW to give him dinner and a few beers. :laugh: (Just kidding)

Just a few thoughts........and often what happens on here is that something is suggested and those at admin discuss it and come up with a better, or more suitable, solution which can be used or enacted upon. It might even lead to more hits on the forum site too....guess that has already happened though (more the merrier however).

Cheers.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks Spitfire - food for thought.

Points 41; Position 18
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I have been reading the HH Facebook. Very good. The only problem with joining posting "likes" etc on Facebook is that it does give your true identity to whoever may read it. Think I am right there? :?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It does give your Facebook name, but I'll be honest, with half a dozen exceptions (people I already know), I haven't got a clue who anybody is.

Points 41; Position 18
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Big Boy wrote:It does give your Facebook name, but I'll be honest, with half a dozen exceptions (people I already know), I haven't got a clue who anybody is.
I had a look through some of the "likes" on the page. What you have to do is "hover" the mouse over where is says ....e.g. 6 likes or 2 likes etc. and it will reveal names. If you recognise someone name, which is not difficult in one case :wink: Go to their friends list and from there you will link to other forum members, photos, family etc. Then from their friends list, go on to other friends lists and so on. In fact a whole life in pictures of one person whom I didn't even know the surname of, until today, is on there :o
I suppose it depends on whether you mind or not. Some people don't mind, I think sometimes its best not to reveal everything about yourself to the world.
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

Not being a regular user of Facebook what does adding 'like' to a post actually do ?
Is it to help the page in search rankings or something to do with getting more payments from adverts ?

Always wondered how Facebook worked out how to 'suggest' friends you may know - quite creepy how it would find some old names in amongst many unknowns. Must have some tracking or email snooping but they don't seem to do that suggested friends list so often lately.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Always wondered how Facebook worked out how to 'suggest' friends you may know - quite creepy how it would find some old names in amongst many unknowns. Must have some tracking or email snooping but they don't seem to do that suggested friends list so often lately.
It is a fairly trivial intersection of 2 persons (or more) profiles. In essence, it concludes that if one or two of your friends have a friend in common, then you are also more likely to know that person. I have several friends on Facebook who were all members of the same organisation - say 25 of us. The organisation has had several thousand members over the years. it isn't hard to work out that if many of my friends knew a certain person, then I probably did too. 'Like' may be a different thing :guns: though! :mrgreen:
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....