Hua Hin Forum on Facebook

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hua Hin Forum on Facebook

Post by Lev »

chopsticks wrote:Not being a regular user of Facebook what does adding 'like' to a post actually do ?
Is it to help the page in search rankings or something to do with getting more payments from adverts ?
It simply shows your support for the page and enables you to get updates from it on your own timeline or 'wall'. Doesn't really affect search engines or give us any extra ad revenue - it just increases our exposure on Facebook which has hundreds of millions of users.

Thanks for 'liking' us all that have! :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

chopsticks wrote:Not being a regular user of Facebook what does adding 'like' to a post actually do ?
Is it to help the page in search rankings or something to do with getting more payments from adverts ?
Liking a page like HH Forum does nothing more than ensure that you receive updates on your Facebook newsfeed page immediately when they happen. AFAIK the forum does not get a single penny from Facebook.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We have now reached our first 1,000 genuine 'likes'.

Unlike other Hua Hin related pages we do not pay Facebook to artificially inflate our 'like' count, these are all real people with an interest in Hua Hin.

Thanks for your continued support, you can get more info on the area from our page here: http://www.facebook.com/huahinforum
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Congratulations!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

In the past year or two the number of Hua Hin related Facebook pages people have setup has skyrocketed to a state that it is now polluted with them with no clear indication of what is what. Anyone can set one up and call it anything they like with a couple of clicks.

As a result there are a number of copycat pages setup for whatever reason using our name or ethos so just to clarify the OFFICIAL Hua Hin Forum Facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/huahinforum