Tapatalk smartphone app for Hua Hin Forum

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
buksida

Re: Tapatalk smartphone app for Hua Hin Forum

Post by buksida »

Just to correct, 'HHAD' is no longer in existence as a forum, it is 'Hua Hin Forum' you should be searching for.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

The last few days I have been unable to use Tapatalk on iPhone. Is there some known problem or is it just me that have problems? Other forum works with the same phone.

If I enter the forum on Tapatalk and choose "unread" the newest post is from the day before yesterday and the phone keeps refreshing forever.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Ralfredo wrote:The last few days I have been unable to use Tapatalk on iPhone. Is there some known problem or is it just me that have problems? Other forum works with the same phone.

If I enter the forum on Tapatalk and choose "unread" the newest post is from the day before yesterday and the phone keeps refreshing forever.
Everything seems to be working again. If someone has fixed something, thanks! Have a nice weekend everyone!
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Ralfredo wrote:The last few days I have been unable to use Tapatalk on iPhone. Is there some known problem or is it just me that have problems? Other forum works with the same phone.

I had problems with my computer,smartphone,android box and phonepad ,tapatalk and nothing works.
I restore my computer a few days back and now thats works but don't now about the others yet

:cheers: :cheers:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

TRUE internet users have been experiencing major problems in the last week. We would like to confirm that the forum has not been down at all - if you are having access problems it is your ISP.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Lev wrote:TRUE internet users have been experiencing major problems in the last week. We would like to confirm that the forum has not been down at all - if you are having access problems it is your ISP.
Yes, I use True and have been unable to log on to the forum for the past 2 days. But it is not the first time it has happened, and about 6 months ago it was happening every couple of weeks. Only the forum is affected, so it makes me think that "big brother" is involved with their phobic attitude. :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^ same here only Hua Hin Forum is affected.
But happy to find out what problem is,was nearly about to take the computer to the repair man,glad i didnt. :D

What is a ISP and what to do if the problem shows again.

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I've had problems in the past when I changed the DNS to match up with those services that change the identity of your physical location. If you use one of those, change back to your default DNS and see if you can access the forum then. Pete :cheers:

DNS = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^
Thanks could be that I change it from DK to TH and the problem started,but why should that be a problem I dont understand.

Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Lev wrote:TRUE internet users have been experiencing major problems in the last week. We would like to confirm that the forum has not been down at all - if you are having access problems it is your ISP.
Just to clarify my first post in this thread. I haven't experienced any problems with the forum when accessing it from a computer. It's only when accessing it by Tapatalk/iPhone I had the problems I mentioned. Now everything works just fine.

And an ISP is the "Internet Service Provider", the company that "gives" you access to Internet, by ADSL, optic fiber, 3G, Wifi or whatever technique you use.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^
Thanks for that.

dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

The Forum was down all of Thursday and most of Friday with me here in the UK ,I use the Tooway satellite and everything else was working. I was experiencing Forum withdrawal syndrome and so looked around at other Forums. I must say the HuaHin Forum is by far the best of its type for layout and content so a big well done to the organisers.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

bsdk1960 wrote:^^
Thanks could be that I change it from DK to TH and the problem started,but why should that be a problem I dont understand. :cheers: :cheers:
I don't understand either but went back and forth with the Mods on two separate occasions when the forum was dead for me but worked for them. Both times I discovered that by changing the DNS back to the TOT original number, I once again connected. Maybe coincidence and really nothing to do with DNS. I don't know. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I've had some problems over the last few days accessing both the Bangsaphan and Hua Hin forums only. Basically, messages came up about the DNS. But when I then retried I gained access. It started working properly, in that I gained access without the error message first, yesterday and it seems fine now.
Talk is cheap
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We are currently checking server logs for reports of the site being down but all indicators point towards DNS issues with internet providers.

Tapatalk will be upgraded next week which should resolve any outstanding issues there.