Who Is Online

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Who Is Online

Post by Frank La Rue »

Just out of curiosity how many are online on a Saturday ( it kind of gages the size of the community) I checked it out at the bottom of Index page and found 247 users online, 207 guests, 36 members and 4 hidden users.
I was puzzled as I have been on a few boards in my time and not heard of "hidden" users before. Guests who "lurk"and never post and never identify themselves with a board persona, yes, but not "Hidden"

So I ask the Moderators, what is this status - is it members who visit the "Hidden Forum" for adult content or is it hidden on any thread?
If the latter, how does one sign up as a hidden member or how does a member take on a "hidden" status, is it a presence a member can take off and on like being online on skype but appear offline i.e. hidden?

If a member in hidden state posts something does the board name not show, or can he post at all in hidden status? If anyone want to surf in anonymus mode a member can also go onto the board as a guest just by not signing in -so what is really the purpose of this status?

Just curious - as I started to wonder about all the ramifications- Maby it is not good for me to have idle time on a Saturday morning - I better go and wash the car :?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Big Boy

Re: Who Is Online

Post by Big Boy »

The option is offered when you sign in. All that it does is hide the user's name from the list at the bottom of the screen - everything else is the same. Personally, I don't see the benefit,
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20