Losing the plot

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Losing the plot

Post by Gregjam »

Whenever there is an interesting thread running that garners responses from a number of contributors, sooner or later it will go off topic either due to the course of the conversation or, unfortunately, when ego's come into play and it becomes a contest of who knows more/has been here longer/spot the error etc etc. I wonder if perhaps apart from the title of the thread which already appears, the first few lines of the first post also appear with an option to read the whole post similar to f^%#*ook.

This would serve as a quick reminder not just of the title but what the initial purpose of the thread was. Ultimately it will not stop certain posters strutting their cojones but on occasion I have had to go back and read the first post and wonder how the thread managed to get so far off track.

Should this be possible what are the feelings of others on the forum. Shoot me down in flames if it has be asked before or if the idea is plain stupid. Better to vent fury on here than directly face to face and it may even provide some entertainment.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Losing the plot

Post by kendo »

Gregjam wrote:Whenever there is an interesting thread running that garners responses from a number of contributors, sooner or later it will go off topic either due to the course of the conversation or, unfortunately, when ego's come into play and it becomes a contest of who knows more/has been here longer/spot the error etc etc. I wonder if perhaps apart from the title of the thread which already appears, the first few lines of the first post also appear with an option to read the whole post similar to f^%#*ook.

This would serve as a quick reminder not just of the title but what the initial purpose of the thread was. Ultimately it will not stop certain posters strutting their cojones but on occasion I have had to go back and read the first post and wonder how the thread managed to get so far off track.

Should this be possible what are the feelings of others on the forum. Shoot me down in flames if it has be asked before or if the idea is plain stupid. Better to vent fury on here than directly face to face and it may even provide some entertainment.

We don't vent fury on here we sit down and have afternoon tea.

Kendo. :popcorn:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
mo1

Post by mo1 »

There you go hooked one immediately, the problem is they have nothing better to do.
I wish you luck, for what it's worth you have my vote
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

In his day I am sure Kendo could be found in Archers Road or Milton Road looking for a scrap but coming from Southampton I have sympathy for him. I anticipated posts like that and although I am a lousy fisherman in this case I anticipate a fair few throwaways in the catch.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Many members live a boring retirement and have not much left to do than bragging on this site.
You start writing about apples and it ends up talking about limestone figurines.
:duck:
A friend is only one click away
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Gregjam wrote: I wonder if perhaps apart from the title of the thread which already appears, the first few lines of the first post also appear with an option to read the whole post similar to f^%#*ook.

This would serve as a quick reminder not just of the title but what the initial purpose of the thread was.
Taking this from your original post as what you really are suggesting..............I agree
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

There's a plot?!!
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde