Guide for Newcomers

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Guide for Newcomers

Post by Lung Per »

"properperson", and others before him, has asked a myriad of questions all relating to living in Hua Hin - what to do, where to go, where to shop, beaches, prices, transportation, etc. etc. The guy is really starting from scratch.

Now, isn´t there a "Guide to Living i Hua Hin" which would answer of all this? Or would some of the travel guides be helpful?

If not, perhaps someone should publish one. Not that it would be sold in thousands of copies, but still. I might even consider writing it myself - good passtime for those warm afternoons on the beach...I would need a few generous investors to start up the project though........

:thumb:
A friend is only one click away
Big Boy

Re: Guide for Newcomers

Post by Big Boy »

http://www.tourismhuahin.com/
http://www.expathuahin.com/

...... and many more at the bottom of each page.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Lung Per raises a good point. Maybe a FAQ ,with the most basic info, would help newcomers. Provided that it is updated regularly it could be a good starting point for any newbie. Search engines are ok but often lead to very old threads with info that is no longer valid. Links could be provided to latest threads on the subject... Only a thought ....
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Maybe new users post like that to get the required number of posts to get access to the seedier part of the forum quickly :oops: :roll: :naughty:
YNWA
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We have already published this guide to using the forum: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10054

Tourist information and the basics can all be found on the two websites posted above.

Other information changes so rapidly that we'd be updating this 'guide' on a weekly basis.

And ... the comment above is accurate most of the time.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

huahin4ever wrote:Maybe new users post like that to get the required number of posts to get access to the seedier part of the forum quickly :oops: :roll: :naughty:
Exactly

Most people you see 10 posts from and then never see again. Just quite what they're expecting to see in the "hidden forum" I'm not exactly sure!

That and nobody reads FAQs and T&Cs anyway! :)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Pleng wrote:That and nobody reads FAQs and T&Cs anyway! :)
My main grouse is that newcomers don't appear to use the search function or even browse through a page or 2 of thread titles in the relevant sections.

I'm more than happy to help with answers if I can, but there are some damn silly questions asked sometimes!
This is the way