Forum health

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Forum health

Post by margaretcarnes »

I can't be the only one who misses input on the forum from Richard and Sarge. It almost goes without saying that they both provided much needed - albeit sometimes controversial - input which created a lot of discussion.
Both of them sadly are no more, but the forum has also lost input from the likes of Sandman, Mr Plum, and - (for earlier reasons which are perhaps understandable) from Buffalo Bill. A search for these last three names comes up with 'no matches', and I would like to know why.
Surely all posts have been important to the forum at the time they were made, and all are important to the history of both HHF and to HuaHin. And regardless of the opinions of moderators, all comments made in the past - apart from those which may have been deleted under forum rules - should remain as valid comments and contributions to HH and expat life?
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Big Boy

Re: Forum health

Post by Big Boy »

I've just tried richard and had over 8,000 entries returned. I guess sandman needs his 67 at the end of his name etc. Data is only taken down exceptionally from this forum, and I don't remember the last time.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

margaretcarnes wrote:A search for these last three names comes up with 'no matches', and I would like to know why.
Surely all posts have been important to the forum at the time they were made, and all are important to the history of both HHF and to HuaHin.
Suggest you search again - we have deleted no data or posts. Unless of course they are spam, abusive, slanderous, threatening to us, or illegal in this country.

I'm sure you can appreciate the simple fact that we have no control over people passing away or leaving Thailand.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

OK I'll check again Lev!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I did a quick search for posts by author and put in Richard nothing came up. I think they are there as I came across one in the history challenge.
I agree these authors are sadly missed Mags.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just re-tried using both my moderator account, and an account we use to test such problems. Both enquiries returned over 8,000 posts for richard. I even tried using capitalisation, and it still returned the same number of results.

Perhaps you can be more specific in describing how you did your enquiry - it may help in determining what is going wrong. Currently, I can't replicate your problem.

Points 41; Position 18
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Siani wrote:
I did a quick search for posts by author and put in Richard nothing came up.
I also put just Richard into the search box and the result was:
Search found 5880 matches: Richard
Don

Post by Don »

Yes. I returned to the forum after a long absence. Was very sad to see no more Richard. Always enjoyed his posts.

:(
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Bamboo Grove wrote:I also put just Richard into the search box and the result was:
Search found 5880 matches: Richard
The over 8,000 comes when you go into the detailed search, and search by author.

Points 41; Position 18
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Yes its come up now :P