Posting videos in youtube

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
caller
Hero
Hero

Posting videos in youtube

Post by caller »

I have a video of the fire at the massage parlour and as a consequence have created a youtube channel, which is my first venture on YT. As far as I can tell, I have published my video, but if searching for it, it can't be found and only appears available if users go to my channel. Does anyone know how I can change the settings so it's generally available?

Looking at google this appears an old problem, literally. In that all similar queries are a few years old, so I assume if there was a problem it's been fixed and I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Re: Posting videos in youtube

Post by Big Boy »

When you view your video, there should be a URL in your address bar. Copy and paste that, and we should be able to work it out.

Failing that, just right click the video when it's playing. You should have the option to copy url. Again, paste it here.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Cheers BB, I played around with that, I know it's not in the format required for here, which is why I looked for the actual vid on youtube thinking that would be easy to share and that's when I realised it's not there. The other half has tried to find it as well. Anyway, here it is:

[Big Boy comment:]
I simply clicked your link, which then gave me a URL in almost the correct format. I simply removed the s from https, and cut the end bit '&feature=youtu.be'
Talk is cheap
Fabu20
Novice
Novice

Post by Fabu20 »

Follow these steps in Youtube:

>my channel
>on the right side of the page next to subscribe click the settings icon.
>then check that the privacy settings are turned off.