Image inversion on loading to HH forum

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Image inversion on loading to HH forum

Post by Bluesky »

I am currently trying to upload 2 Images onto HHf. The images were taken consecutively on an iPhone, emailed back to my my email, reduced in size and downloaded onto my iPad. When uploaded to the forum and previewed one of the images becomes inverted. Thinking I would rotate the image 180 degrees before posting would rectify the problem it doesn't, the continues to invert on preview. Went back to square one and went through the whole download/upload sequence from IPhone onward. Same result, one image inverted! Any thoughts?
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Image inversion on loading to HH forum

Post by Lev »

Suggest trying an alternative device such as a PC or laptop to upload.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The image in the OP was a strange one. I tried all sorts to get it to display on forum correctly, but it insisted on staying inverted. In the end I loaded it into something else, took a screen shot, cropped it and uploaded it. Never seen an image like it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Thanks Lev and Big Boy, and a good solution.
I have worked out why it has happened and how to fix. Apple IOS software writes the orientation into the tag which is part of the Exchangable Image File (EXIF) which forms part of the metadata stored within the image. This tag is acknowledged seamlessly with Apple and some other software but not all. Hence if the orientation data is not acknowledged during the uploading process the image remains inverted! I managed to remove the orientation data, once done I flipped the I age and had no problems uploading. I am happy to Post a thread on how to fix.(Some other digital image recording devices part from Apple also use this system.)
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-