No way to contact admins or mods?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
headscratching

No way to contact admins or mods?

Post by headscratching »

This is 404Cameljockey.

I tried to change the email address associated with my account. No email came from the board to either my old or new address. A request to activate the account fails and asking for the activation email to be rest doesn't help.

So I'm locked out of the forums.

1) Please will someone with authority contact me to reinstate the account.

2) ... because after trawling the site (not logged in of course) I could see NO WAY to contact anyone in charge of HH Forum. Even clicking on 'The team' link doesn't show any way to PM mods or admins, you have to be logged in! Even then I don't see how to PM them.

The usual 'contact us' link seems to have been removed from this forum.
Big Boy

Re: No way to contact admins or mods?

Post by Big Boy »

On the case :thumb:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've sent an e-mail to the sir***********************************. Please confirm you've received it, and tell ne what e-mail you should be using.

Points 41; Position 18
headscratching

Post by headscratching »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:43 am I've sent an e-mail to the sir***********************************. Please confirm you've received it, and tell ne what e-mail you should be using.
Thanks BB, I've replied.

I do think it's good form to have a 'contact us' link at the bottom of the main page. All the best people do! :)
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 13.03.59.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 13.03.59.png (11.78 KiB) Viewed 947 times
Above is at the bottom of each page. I think that will get response when used. Hover over it, click, go to enquiry box at bottom left of page.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

It is well documented that this forum is managed by www.huahinmedia.com - which has a handy contact form on it (in addiction to the Contact Hua Hin Forum link at the bottom of the website).
headscratching

Post by headscratching »

Yes, the 'Contact Hua Hin Forum' link takes you to Hua Hin Media's enquiry form.

The page www.huahinmedia.com page says: "This central form can be used to contact us about any website in our network." it doesn't look like a 'help page' for HH Forums. I saw it and decided it was just for business enquiries, and not for enquiries relating to users' difficulties. I guess I might not be alone.

I'm saying this to be helpful, not to complain.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Contrary to popular belief us mods are actually people. We're hardly going to want random people that are not members of this forum contacting us directly, which is why contact forms were created. :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
headscratching

Post by headscratching »

buksida wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:13 pm Contrary to popular belief us mods are actually people. We're hardly going to want random people that are not members of this forum contacting us directly, which is why contact forms were created. :idea:
And here's me thinking you all were just very intelligently programmed bots. There's a compliment there if you look for it. :rasta:

So, contact from 'outsiders' to moderators is itself moderated. :) I don't really mind one way or other as it's not my business, I just think the link should be clearer.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dual accounts are not permitted so can we assume this issue is resolved, you can login with your original account, we can delete this account, and close this thread?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Lol...some of these replies are ridiculous. Admin and the moderators are pretty good at contacting people that have question/issues...or whatever you want to call them, if you actually follow the forum procedure.

No reason to troll this one and btw, you might have to wait for an answer to your question as this section doesn't have a 24/7 monitor just waiting for your question, they will get round to it.

Think all these "contact admin" types should have some patience and some realism rather than acting like a bunch of entitled snowflakes that expect an answer 10 minutes after submission.

I am nothing to do with mods or admin....you want to snipe then snipe at me, not the forum....lol. Having a tantrum on this front is a negative...snigger.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

404Cameljockey please stop sabre rattling and answer your e-mail. I'm sat here waiting for your response. :?

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think I've solved it, resolution was being hindered by the existence of the headscratching account, so I've deleted that, but have left your earlier posts in tact.

I hope we get confirmation from 404cameljockey that everything is resolved.

Apologies that it took so long, but I was called away 3 times during the process.

Points 41; Position 18
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

OK I have to say some things. I had a sense of humour about this, and I thought that was clear in my jokey reply to buksida. I'm disappointed.

Spitfire wind your neck in, you have no dog in this fight (it wasn't a fight, actually). Please direct me to the non-existent post of mine that seems to show my lack of patience. I made suggestions to improve the forum. Please accept my apologies!

BB thanks for sorting this out. We were having a nice friendly chat on email, I in no way ever said that you were not helping, I never even slightly complained that you were taking your time, so no apology was necessary. And then you sent the above forum message? I just don't understand that at all. Suggesting an improvement to the link was sabre rattling? Again, I really must apologise then.

My comments about the Contact Hua Hin link were made without any colour or excitement. I said very clearly "I'm saying this to be helpful, not to complain". If that's hard to understand then maybe I'm in the wrong place. My posts on this forum have mostly been intended to be helpful and often with humour.

If talking on this forum is going to be like stepping on eggshells, then I guess I better take some ninja lessons. Maybe it's Friday evening and the Chang effect has taken effect on some posters.... :|
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

BB: I meant to add: I assume that you thought the last post I made as headscratching was after our email exchange? It was well before.