Hua Hin. Daily Photo

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
loua_oz

Hua Hin. Daily Photo

Post by loua_oz »

I would think it would be a good idea to open a pdf with photos taken (in person) from Hua Hin daily life.

Things like "traffic jam at X intersection", "high seas at the beach", "storm over Hua Hin", "pieapples on sale" and things like that.

The only rule would be - the poster took the photo himself. No links or something dragged from the net.

I think that would be an interesting place to check, for those like me who love Hua Hin but not live there, even for the residents who had not happen to be on the spot at the same time.
While the World has gone FB and Instagram, this could be a small effort. I don't know about the storage side, the pics could be hosted elsewhere.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hua Hin. Daily Photo

Post by Lev »

We have a Hua Hin Photo Thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25295

Anyone is welcome to add to it as and when they please. We always welcome more photos of Hua Hin on the forum.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

I saw that but it was not very inviting as if was titled "Hua Hin, Photo of the day" or something like that.
Anyway, what you pointed at would serve the purpose, going there now.
Thank you.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

One Mod pointed me to one tread, I eagerly posted, firstly checking that no same content had been there.

Then, another Mod said it has already been covered.

Is there any coordination among the Board Mods and Admins?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

loua_oz, of course there is coordination. Admin pointed you to a general thread for Hua Hin photos. I pointed you to a specific thread about a specific attraction that you thought had not been covered.

Admin's direction was the most appropriate for what you were asking. However, most attractions in the area have been covered in more detail as well.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

That is cool.
Then, you, residents, do not have to wait on tourists like me to prompt you for more daily pictures, in one place.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

One Mod pointed me to one tread, I eagerly posted, firstly checking that no same content had been there.
Here is another tread that may interest you:
tyre tread.jpg
tyre tread.jpg (5.93 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Nereus wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:22 pmHere is another tread that may interest you:
Highly unlikely! That seems to be a really boring one. :)
Peroni
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Peroni »

Is this related to treading the grapes, or am I confused?

John :cheers:
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

BigBoy, you are always correct, even pleasant, please tell me if this junk (your own post) is something valid. Is it not closer to the spamming than personally experienced and known things? Junk links dragged from the net, anyone could do that, even not knowing where Thailand is. Lonely Planet folks do this.

You are the Mod here, you should know better.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Every word/photo (with a couple of minor exceptions where maybe a couple of aerial shots were required) are the personal work of buksida or myself, put together during our personal travels.

I am very sorry if you consider it junk/spamming. If you don't like it, please don't look at it. Others have found it very useful. I had a fantastic time putting it together/learning about my new home.

Points 41; Position 18
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

Then, your web site would benefit from the links?
Someone might click the links, not me. If you had something to tell, there are better ways, right where you are.
It was just shocking to see a Mod is posting a stream of links. Two screenfulls.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The were all links to valid posts on this forum posted over a 2 year period, 3 to 4 years ago. It was simply pulling a lot of information together to help a member that asked for help. Other members said it was very helpful, and asked that I make it a sticky at the top of the page, which I did.

I knew where the information was. I could have said use the search option, but I like to think we're more helpful than that.

Points 41; Position 18
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

Who is going to click on your links?
Maybe someone doing a research or some Uni thesis who got into your site picking between million other sites to click on.

You are the booth on the ground, make the site radiate the pleasure of living there. Many may be envious.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

loua_oz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:17 pm Who is going to click on your links?
I did. I found it very useful to have so much information in one place. It gave me ideas of places I didn't know of, and places I have heard of but needed further information on.
loua_oz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:58 pm If you had something to tell, there are better ways,
speak for yourself! Again, I found it very helpful.
loua_oz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:58 pm It was just shocking to see a Mod is posting a stream of links. Two screenfulls.
sorry, this is just funny. I can't take it seriously. You sound like one of those busybody people in the 1970s ("shocked from Turnbridge Wells") who would write into Points Of View complaining about Angela Rippon's hemline being an inch too high.

A member asked for tips for days out from Hua Hin, Bigboy provided a list, members found it helpful. Other members found it helpful. You find it shocking. Well as they say "no good deed goes unpunished".