Big Boy wrote:I have the same situation because I've set my keyboard to English (UK). If you change to English (US), everything will type as it shows on the keyboard.
Oh dear - I shall keep to English UK which is more important to me !
Main differences between a US and UK keyboard:
- an AltGr key is added to the right of the space bar
- the # symbol is replaced by the £ symbol and a 102nd key is added next to the Enter key to accommodate the displaced #
- @ and ” are swapped
- the ~ is moved to the # key, and is replaced by a ¬ symbol on the backquote (`) key
- the \ key is moved to the left of the Z key
- the Enter key spans two rows, and is narrower to accommodate the # key
- on laptop computers, the | and \ key is often placed next to the space bar