How to upgrade your Hotmail account to 250Mb - free!

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

How to upgrade your Hotmail account to 250Mb - free!

Post by buksida »

Now I don't actually use Hotmail as its slow, spammy and a real pain in the arse. However I know many of you do so I'll post this guide to upgrade the inbox size from 2Mb to 25Mb then 250Mb without paying anything.

Warning:
Please only try it at your own risk. Don't be angry if it causes any damage! If there are any important e-mails in your account please backup them before proceeding.

Anyway, here are the steps:

* First go to your Hotmail account and log in.
* Then go to the settings of your account and click on "My Profile".
* You need the adjust the country to United States and the state to Florida (postal code 33332). (it could be that other states also work)
* Then go to http://memberservices.passport.net/memb ... rf?lc%2043.
* Click on the link to terminate your .NET passport. Then you need to click on the button the contact Hotmail and click on "close my account".
* Close Internet Explorer and go to hotmail.com and log in again.
* You will have to go through the activating account and denying all the Microsoft crap first.
* Normally you should have a 25MB account now. Soon it will be upgraded to 250MB!
cockneyrebel

Post by cockneyrebel »

Hi Buksida, I'm in the UK and Hotmail have upgraded my Hotmail account foc to a 250 MB inbox, they did it back in November I think. I/we were told about it last year via a circular email from them, from about July/August onwards I think, that they were going to do it for existing Hotmail users in the autumn.
But I know that friends in Thailand using Hotmail haven't had their accounts upgraded yet, so maybe they're hanging out for them to pay for it, as it's still an option I notice on their adverts.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hi,
I think Hotmail is a waste of space personally, I only have it as most of my mates are on the messenger. Had the account for a couple of years and it was still stuck at 2MB.

You maybe right about Thai users though, M$ are not very generous to Asians.