The Torrents Thread

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
PeteC

The Torrents Thread

Post by PeteC »

A lot of smoke on the forum circuit this afternoon about TOT banning all torrents. I don't know how they do it (ID what is and is not a torrent) but apparently a call to them resulted in a statement that 'bandwidth has to be shared by all, thus we are banning them....". I don't know if 3BB, True are doing this also.

Some research indicates that they tried this back in August as well but then it seemed they allowed them once again. Stay tuned I guess. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Re: Torrents

Post by splitlid »

fuck, cunt, mother fucker, b@llocks, tool, cunt, p$ssflaps

:shock:
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Not sure which topic this belongs to but anyway... http://rt.com/usa/bittorrent-isohunt-sh ... orced-340/

'Popular BitTorrent site isoHunt shutdown, forced to pay $110 million'

“Today’s settlement is a major step forward in realizing the enormous potential of the internet as a platform for legitimate commerce and innovation,” Chris Dodd, the MPAA’s chairman, said in a statement. “It also sends a strong message that those who build businesses around encouraging, enabling, and helping others to commit copyright infringement are themselves infringers, and will be held accountable for their illegal actions.”
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Bit Torrent and Pirate Bay all fully operational on my laptop as of 1 minute ago.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

im using kickass and its fine, will be a nightmare if they all get banned , dont know if vpns will get around it??
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I used Isohunt yesterday to download a couple of programmes with no problem?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Isohunt was an torrent indexer. Pirate Bay and others are torrent tracker. Apples and Oranges.

Isohunt had to settle and quit because of what are now seen as mistakes allowing them to be prosecuted. Each time the copyright defenders score a legal victory the tracker and indexer operators take note. Some kill their torrent sites before being prosecuted because they saw things they did left them open for a lawsuit.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Movies on DVD

Post by richard »

Just got this when loading IsoHunt

Initiating Self Destruct

This is it. We are shutting down isoHunt services a little early. I'm told there was this Internet archival team that wants to make historical copy of our .torrent files, I'm honoured that people thinks our site is worthy of historical preservation, but the truth is about 95% of those .torrent files can be found off Google regardless and mostly have been indexed from other BitTorrent sites in the first place. So I might as well do a proper send-off to you dear isoHunt users, before final shutdown sequence on Tuesday. It's been an adventure in the last 10.5 years working on isoHunt, a privilege working with some of the smartest guys I've worked with, and my life won't be the same without it. For what I'm working on next, please look up my blog on Google and follow me there. Because as the Terminator would say with a German accent,

I'll be backkk.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

isn't that what sarge has?
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Will they never learn?

When napster was shut down, but for a few geeks nobody had heard of it (exaggeration, but percentage wise relevant). For every site they shut down they just raise awareness and another 10 sites come in to fill the void.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

My site's working just fine :D . Despicable Me 2, Monster's University, The Conjuring and Man of Steel downloaded in the last hour and a half.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Isohunt no more....... :cry: :cry:

http://garyfung.ca/

Gutted......
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

My site is working fine, just downloaded 2 movies from Pirate Bay
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

They'll get them all sooner or later. As soon as the U.S. government forced Swiss banks to give up customer information, I knew they were capable of anything worldwide.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

hhfarang wrote:They'll get them all sooner or later. As soon as the U.S. government forced Swiss banks to give up customer information, I knew they were capable of anything worldwide.
If they can't get the torrent sites they will get the hosting companies.