Which Mobile Phone?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
robcar
Professional
Professional

Re: Which Mobile Phone?

Post by robcar »

True, on Petchkasem near the market area in Hua Hin are doing a deal on a phone called the Super 3. It's 90b and you need to top up 100b per month for the next 3 months, obviously it's tied to their network. It's just a basic (non-smart) phone, it does have internet capability but there's no requirement to enable it.
I bought one because it was only 90b. It will come in handy for when the visitors come over so saving them buying sim cards every time.
You will need to go and see them to get the nitty gritty of the offer/deal.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I've been following Buksis post and peoples recommendations as I know nothing about Operating systems etc. Looking to spend around 8-10k.
I've had my eyes on this Infinix Zero for a while at Lazada, 3 GB and awesome camera it seems but only 16 GB memory but does take a SD card and I do have a 32 GB SD card. Any of you experts comment on the spec? http://www.lazada.co.th/infinix-zero-3- ... 41185.html

Moater is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 still the best buy in your opinion as you wrote about it a few months ago and how does it compare with the Infinix ?

Thanks.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Finally canned the Xperia Z3C as the touchscreen digitizer finally gave up the ghost and a replacement screen was just not worth while. Think almost 5,000 baht (!).
I bought an Acer Liquid Z530S similar spec to J7 and the ASUS I was eyeing but GPS (and second price)was the deciding factor.
Does not support OTG, but has 3Gb RAM and 32 Gb fixed non expandable memory. Won't use much so not a deciding factor. Borh cameras front and back are 8 Mp but as cameras are not important to me I don't give a ....
Front camera is wide angle btw. Quad core so reasonable speed.
And just a shade under 5,000 baht so thought it would be a good deal.
Decent basic phone with a 5" screen (was hoping for something smaller) but thankfully doesn't feel that big.
Only had it for a couple of days but am reasonably happy with it.
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Sorry. Octave core
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Octa
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Was tempted by the Asus Max (big battery at around 5000 mAh) but I do need decent GPS and it does not deliver.. At least on internet reviews..
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Do note that the battery life is less than desirable (coming from the Xperia Z3C) but am reasonably happy with the performance and Swype keyboard spell check compared to the Sony.
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Not a power user so am reasonably happy with it so far. Pity about battery performance. Other than that one happy bunny..
วินเชนท์
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I bought a Redmi note 3, 6250 baht from lazada, its a great phone..very happy with it and ony had one argument wit it in a month... which for me is amazing! I should have gone for the higher spec, 32 somethings and 3 Gbs of something else I am told..highly recommend it.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Yes Johnny, I would go for the higher spec one, 7,800 on Lazada. http://www.lazada.co.th/xiaomi-4g-redmi ... 22138.html
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Pagey, Got mine from Lazada the supplier was Hamster mobile, excellent service, ordered on wednesday morning here on Saturday!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Here's an interesting one. A camera company making a snap-on device for a mobile phone that gives it true quality 10x zoom.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/10/09 ... s-awesome/
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

been HH a few times never bought any tech there tho...anyone know if i can buy a sim free moto g4 dual sim version in hua hin? coming again in a month and struggle to get dual sim in uk
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Only this month I tried to get one here. True are the only authorised dealers. It is listed in the True flyer but their staff in all 3 shops I visited gave the stock answer......No Hab. Ordered one from Bangkok..........No Hab.
I had one delivered here in Hua Hin from Amazon UK. Took about 10 days.
One thing to be aware of.
The black version is only single sim. The white version is the dual sim.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Did you have any viable alternatives in HH or were you just set on g4? As re white dual sim I'm finding that too... I may take the plunge and go Chinese..or what are Oppo like?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk