Which Mobile Phone?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Re: Which Mobile Phone?

Post by tuktukmike »

Barry

That sounds better and at that price it may make sense to buy a couple of them, any idea how long they hold their charge?.

I take it you get an assortment of fittings in the pack, also on the Emirates and other flights there seems to be a plug in for lap-tops and other devices so can I buy a lead for use in-flight and will it charge the phone.

ttm
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

chopsticks wrote:There seem to several Samsung lower-end variants of the Galaxy range such as S3Mini, Fame, Ace, Ace2 etc.
Which offers the best value ?
Search GSM Arena for a ridiculously in depth review, all them Galaxy's will be great for their price range. If you're in Thailand I'd look at the i-mobile for bang for buck.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

And buy outside of Hua Hin (or any Farang infested town/city), where you'll pay the lower, correct price.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Big Boy wrote:And buy outside of Hua Hin (or any Farang infested town/city), where you'll pay the lower, correct price.
True, the listed prices are on Siamphone.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

barrys wrote:my gf bought hers at Tesco Lotus, but they're all over MV now and in mobile phone shops.
There are different models at different prices, depending on how many charges the device can deliver.

The gf paid 590 baht for one that will charge her Galaxy S4 twice
barrys, I went to Tesco in Hua Hin this afternoon thinking that at that price, I might as well get one. Two different sales assistants said they'd never sold them, and directed us to the top floor. Which Tesco did your girlfriend use please?

I tried the top floor. They offered me one clearly marked 1,199 Baht. I was just thinking, 'what the hell, I'm here now,' when the assistant said that I could have it for the special discounted Farang price of 1,540 Baht :? . I'm still looking.

Points 48; Position 20
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:
barrys wrote:my gf bought hers at Tesco Lotus, but they're all over MV now and in mobile phone shops.
There are different models at different prices, depending on how many charges the device can deliver.

The gf paid 590 baht for one that will charge her Galaxy S4 twice
barrys, I went to Tesco in Hua Hin this afternoon thinking that at that price, I might as well get one. Two different sales assistants said they'd never sold them, and directed us to the top floor. Which Tesco did your girlfriend use please?

I tried the top floor. They offered me one clearly marked 1,199 Baht. I was just thinking, 'what the hell, I'm here now,' when the assistant said that I could have it for the special Farang price of 1,540 Baht :? . I'm still looking.

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: really love when they try pull these things on you,do they think all farrang is idiots or what, but sure they get a catch some times. :D :D

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But by trying to make a quick killing, she lost a probable sale, which would have made her the profit she would be happy with if she was selling it to a Thai. :?

T.I.T.

Points 48; Position 20
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:But by trying to make a quick killing, she lost a probable sale, which would have made her the profit she would be happy with if she was selling it to a Thai. :?

T.I.T.
I agre the logic is not allways logic. :D

:cheers: :cheers:
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

tuktukmike wrote: I take it you get an assortment of fittings in the pack
Big Boy wrote:barrys, I went to Tesco in Hua Hin this afternoon thinking that at that price, I might as well get one. Two different sales assistants said they'd never sold them, and directed us to the top floor. Which Tesco did your girlfriend use please?
TTM - yes it came with an assortment of fittings. the gf says it holds the charge for at least up to a week (she hasn't tried it any longer than that)

BB - she says she bought it at one of the small phone shops on the top floor of MV for 590 baht
Apparently, there are models ranging from 390 (enough for 1 charge) - 1500/1600 baht depending on the a/h of the battery pack.
Last edited by barrys on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

barrys wrote:BB - she says she bought it at one of the small phone shops on the top floor of MV for 590 baht
OK, thanks Barry, that's where they tried to rip me off today. I'll have to send my daughter to see if she can do any better.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Need to get a new one, priority will be screen size as I use Google maps a lot when riding. These two look good, anyone got one?

http://www.siamphone.com/en/samsung/galaxy_mega_5.8.htm
http://www.siamphone.com/en/samsung/gal ... d_duos.htm
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mrs BB has the Duos. Didn't pay anywhere near the price quoted (next to the coffee shop in Bang Saphan). It can do a lot of what my Galaxy SII can, but it is probably half the speed. Screen is just a tad smaller than mine. All in all, a good phone for the money.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

How much did you pay for it?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

She got it for 4,000 Baht - it's a long story :D. However, you shouldn't pay more than 8,000 Baht. Even in the more expensive Hua Hin stores, I've seen them for 8,500 Baht.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

4,000 baht for a Galaxy Grand? Is it a second hand one?

The going rate for that device is just under 10k, Powerbuy are quoting 10,500.

Think I might go for the Mega anyway, better cpu/ram and bigger screen.