Problems for Apple and iPhone...?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Problems for Apple and iPhone...?

Post by Homer »

hhfarang wrote:Results of Consumer Reports smart phone bend test:

spoiler: Iphone 6 is not the worst, Iphone 5 was much better than 6, Samsung wins although they, for some reason did not use the latest model.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news ... /index.htm
Consumer Reports buys their test products at retail. For a quick turnaround test such as this, they have to go with what's available. It may not matter, because IIRC, Samsung saves production costs by reinventing as few parts of their new models as possible, obviously while being consistent with their design targets.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Problems for Apple and iPhone...?

Post by hhfarang »

I can recommend the toughness of Samsung from my own experience. I've had one (Galaxy SII given to me used) for a couple of years now, not only do I always carry it in my pocket (front, never back), I've dropped it at least 3 times onto a hard surface with such force that the back came off and the battery flew out. It's still working just fine.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: Problems for Apple and iPhone...? and Samsung

Post by Thistle »

Anyone can help,suggest a solution to the following;

Purchased a Samsung Grand Neo from Samsung Philippines.The phone was dropped,resulting in a small diagonal crack in the right hand corner of the screen,although the phone still functioned completely,thought perhaps somewhere here could repair.
Took to a small stall on the 3rd floor market village who advised they could repair,no problem.
Returned 1 hour later to be advised they were having problems.They required more time to repair,could I return at 6,00pm.
Upon returning,was advised that they could not repair,and in fact the phone now did not function at all,that the touch screen was not operational.Yes TIT,but what are you going to do?Shrug of the shoulders,nothing we can do,the phone did not come from Thailand.

Took the phone knowing that an argument would probably resolve nothing.
Sunday morning took the phone to the Phone Clinic,again 3rd floor Market Village,was asked to leave the phone until Monday pm,they should be able to fix.
Have just received a call stating,cannot fix!!
Any recommendations,ideas would be greatly appreciated,although I do not hold out much success.And of course I am aware I should have taken the phone directly back to a Samsung dealer,but time has not permitted this.Thanks as always for any assistance.