Using eBay in Thailand

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
jammy
Rookie
Rookie

Using eBay in Thailand

Post by jammy »

Hi guys, Seems a silly question but can we order items from EBay in Thailand, I think not but someone give me some hope. Thanks guys
Big Boy

Re: eBay

Post by Big Boy »

Have a look at this thread - probably not the answer, but it should give you hope viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28594&p=368240
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 1 QPR :cry: :cry:

Points 45; Position 20
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

When I was in thailand I bought and sold items on ebay. I had to use my UK account and paypal which is linked to my ebay account and my bank. Just remember to tell the seller that the item has to be posted to Thailand.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

http://export.ebay.co.th/

There is also this....
buksida

Re: Using eBay in Thailand

Post by buksida »

Used it many times. Not sure I would trust it for expensive electronics though, the likelihood of Thai customs opening it and charging you 100% import tax is high.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I've both bought and sold on Ebay during my time here, and I've never encountered any problems whatsoever.

These days, you can also register with Ebay and Paypal from within Thailand, and your Paypal account can be linked to any bank account, including a Thai bank account.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Ebay

Post by MajorBloodnok »

Hello,

before I came to Thailand, I already read claims by expats that
ebay was a goner in Thailand.

What, if any, are your experiences.

Thanks!

Have a nice weekend.

MB aka 'Mike the Fritz'
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Despite using ebay extensively when outside of Thailand and having goods sent to Oz, UK and China from worldwide I have avoided using it here because the one time had something sent here I was stung by duty. I tend to use Lazada to get stuff. Must say that I dont sell much, mainly buying.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

I have used eBay several times receiving goods here in Thailand, from both the USA and Asia and only once had to pay import duty.

I was a bit annoyed, as I had already paid tax for brining the items into Thailand as part of the eBay payment, (had to be paid when odering).