Looking for an alternative to True

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Looking for an alternative to True

Post by caller »

Looks like the facebook page that Pagey linked to above has been pulled!
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, thinking we had 3 months to get it sorted after last month's debacle, I turned up at True this morning expecting no problems whatsoever. I saw the 'nice young lady' behind the desk (same one) flinched as my wife and I approached, so rather than cause confrontation I sat in a soft seat while my wife went to the counter.

The 'nice young lady' behind the desk looked at her computer, and proposed a stupid amount. My heckles rose, but I gave a friendly chuckle and said how much is it really? She started explaining that we hadn't paid our bill last month. I pointed to last month's inflated receipt. All that the 'nice young lady' behind the desk could say was. "The computer says.............................." This was turning into a Little Britain sketch.

I asked to see somebody in charge (staying remarkably calm).

There is nobody (why does that not surprise me).

When is there somebody in charge?

To cut a long story short, I'm meeting somebody at 1pm today.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Just to insert a bit of balance, I had to arrange for a new Wi-Fi router last week in Bangkok. After an endless phone call to a guy that spoke very good English, I had no option but to go to their nearest branch office. I was served by a very well spoken Thai girl, whom when she discovered I also have True cable TV, arranged a promotional package that includes both the Internet and TV, and at a combined subscription that is about 300 Baht / month less than two separate accounts.

She also arranged for the installation to be done the following day, gave me her mobile number with the advice to call her if there was any problem. In the event I did have to call her as the "technicians" tried to call me but the usual no English got in the way.

For payment I have had the Internet on automatic Bank payment for several years without a problem, which she also made sure has now been cancelled. Up to me if I want to set it up again, which she also explained.

I hope that you get some satisfaction with your meeting later today, as it seems to me it is just the one ignorant girl that is the problem.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, there you go, I've been right all along. They've been charging me for the wrong package.

Ok says I feeling vindicated, and expecting a small windfall, what do we do now?

Will you pay your bill?

How much?

Same as before.

But you've just admitted you got it wrong.

Yes, but you have to pay.

No.

You need to phone this number (1242) and discuss with them.

I phoned, but adamant I have to pay for package I never had.

Urgent trip to AIS in the morning. Unbelievable.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I guess there's no turning back now - True have cut me off. My decision has been made for me. The bill is not even due to be paid until tomorrow, and I was definitely fully up to date last month :?

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Maybe you should lodge a complaint with the OCPB (office of the consumer protection board). It might not do much though, except add to their probably already large file about True.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, I think True have done me a favour. I really like their product, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The error was obvious when they detailed everything out for me (just as a monthly bill should have done), which makes me feel justified for my 3 to 4 monthly rants. I knew I was being overcharged. However, to shrug their shoulders and still say I have to pay it ................. ..........................................?

Even if it was possible to overcome this impasse, which they will not cooperate to reach a resolution, I don't think I'd feel comfortable with them ever again.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I posted this last week. Fill in the contact page and send it to the idiots. This type of thing really gets up my nose, and although you may not want them anymore it may help somebody else:

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/contactus?ln=en
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, that would only prolong the agony. Thanks anyway :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, that's it, a huge weight off my shoulders.

AIS is being installed on Thursday, and True uninstall Friday.

AIS were so helpful compared to their rivals. We started with a trainee, who admitted she was learning, and when she didn't know, she consulted with her boss (my requirements can get a bit complicated for Thailand, which is why True had problems). Once I realised I could could get a lot more TV for 500 Baht/month less, whilst doubling my Internet speed at the same time, I just said yes.

We were then taken to another desk, where 2 friendly/helpful assistants did the rest, checking they had my requirements exactly right. Nothing was too much trouble.

Then the walk down the aisle, to True. We actually got the only assistant who gives the impression she knows what she is doing. It was her who signed me up for the package I should have, and everything was fine for a few months.

Of course she was disturbed to hear why we were leaving and offered to sort it for us. I thanked her, but said it was too late. After yesterday's goings on, cutting me off when the bill wasn't even due, I'm sure it would only be a matter of time before it would happen again. The tone of the guy on the phone yesterday was not nice, and was treating me as if I was the one at fault - all of this after I'd proved I was correct.

OK, I know I was buying a new product from AIS today, but the attitude was like a breath of fresh air. I hope their product is as good.

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Should help with the blood pressure!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hopefully :D

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

BB. Can you give the web page link for what they are offering please?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

http://www.ais.co.th/aisplay/en/package.html

The Platinum TV package including a free Playbox can be obtained for the cost of half decent internet. My requirement is more expensive initially because I need to buy a couple of additional Playboxes.

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

So, how will you watch EPL?