DSLR camera servicing and cleaning in Hua Hin

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

DSLR camera servicing and cleaning in Hua Hin

Post by buksida »

A long shot I know but does anyone know if such a thing exists?

My Nikon could do with a clean/service, may get another year out of it before getting a new one!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: DSLR camera servicing and cleaning in Hua Hin

Post by Bluesky »

I am not aware of anyone in Hua Hin but there is an agent in Bangkok that should be able to help you out. They are the Authorised Nikon Service agents for Thailand. I would be a little wary of "using a "Can do" camera shops, whilst Nikon cameras are generally quite robust they still can be damaged.(Particularly PCB boards if they use a refrigerant type air cleaner) I had used the Nikon agents a few times about a decade ago for repairs and cleaning and was quite happy with the job. I can't give you any idea on cost as it was paid for by my office. Think my Nikon also due for an update!

Nikon Agent
Empire Tower 1, 45th Floor
Park and River Wing East
South Sathon Road
YANAWA, SATHON
BANGKOK 10120
PH 026335100

http://www.nikon.co.th/th_TH/service/service_centers
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Since so much of Nikon’s line-up is manufactured in Thailand, you’d hope to find some capable technicians who may have been trained by them. Is it worth giving the factory in Ayuthaya a call?
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thanks guys, don't fancy a trip to Bangkok just yet - but may reach out to them - not holding my breath for a reply!!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

If anybody knows, this shop does. I've always had quick, accurate replies from them.

http://www.avcamera.com/index.php/contact-us
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hmmm, no contact form on their website and a Hotmail address for email. Doesn't inspire confidence!

I guess Thai businesses are all run on Line and Farcebook these days.

Again in Bangkok though so will give it a miss for now, thanks.
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

Hi Buksida,

I had a problem with my D70S a few years ago. Took it to Niks camera Store (Nikon dealer):-
Suriyawongse,
165 Silom Rd, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
tel 022 352 929

There is a Skytrain station nearby but can't remember the name!

Camera was repaired and cleaned and ready in about 1 week. Cost a few thousand baht.

Very helpful staff.

Shop has lots of Nikon stuff and upstairs they have a vast collection of old and not so old cameras. Fascinating to see cameras I used years ago are now 'museum pieces' 55.

Well worth try - I assume they are still trading!
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

buksida wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:07 am Hmmm, no contact form on their website and a Hotmail address for email. Doesn't inspire confidence!

I guess Thai businesses are all run on Line and Farcebook these days.

Again in Bangkok though so will give it a miss for now, thanks.
Hotmail has been around since before most people who would eventually be on the net knew anyone who was on the net. Businesses don't like to change phone numbers or email addresses for fear of losing customers who aren't bright enough to search for new contact info. Contact forms are used by companies who think their appeal to users is so slight that the effort of opening their email is too much, or it's been on their site since forever, so why rock the boat? BTW AV Camera has a phone number.

Be interested to hear if you find a reputable camera service shop someplace other than Bangkok, Chiang Mai, or at a factory someplace where the land is cheap but you have to use their office in Bangkok.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thanks for the replies, in answer to my question then its a no.

May as well put the costs of the trip(s) to Bangkok towards a new camera!

I'm well aware how long Hotmail has been around, didn't need a lecture on that, thanks.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

buksida wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 amI'm well aware how long Hotmail has been around, didn't need a lecture on that, thanks.
Then you're the first person I've encountered who both dissed a business using hotmail and knew how long hotmail had been around.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Using a Hotmail account for business purposes is the height of unprofessionalism. That one is pretty much common knowledge. :roll: