Cookin Corner

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Cookin Corner

Post by sandman67 »

how about a section where amateur chefs and foodies could post some tasty local recipes......

Im getting sick of a steady diet of instant ramen noodles and ham and egg sarnies, and Mrs S, whilst an excellent cook, is a crappy teacher.

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

This 1 is quick,cheap and tastes great.(most of the time)

1 x Mama Noodle
1 Can Tuna or meat of choice

Either -
italian sauce
Green curry sauce (can buy a carton in Family Marts for 26baht and u only use a small amount)

make your noodles (drain off the water), put together your sauce - bang it together and there you go.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Now that is my kind of cooking JW; I used to do something similar with instant noodles, frozen peas and Pataks vindaloo paste, with dried chilli seeds thrown in for effect.
Seriously though I would be interested in learning a bit more about cooking as I’ve spent rather too much of the last ten years living in hotel rooms and I can’t actually remember the last time I tried to cook something.
Due to the economic crisis I have a feeling I might have a bit more spare time in the near future and I will try to make up for lost ground.
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

Ok - Here is a simple, versatile and delicious recipe for eggs Turkish Style
Menemen:-
Some Chopped Peppers – (3 or 4) choose size and heat according to taste- Discard the seeds
Some chopped Tomatoes (could use a Tin as a last resort)
Some Chopped onion or Garlic (optional)
Stir fry in olive oil (Worth getting hold of some)
When the peppers soften a bit and smell nice and there is not too much liquid from the tomatoes stir in some beaten eggs, 2 or 3 per person, again depends on the size of your eggs.
Pinch of salt.
Garnish with some Chopped Flat leaf parsley or Coriander if you can find some, bit of Black Pepper and serve straight away with some nice Bread
Regards Sabai Jai
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

Great idea!!

I'm in for sharing recipes...

8)
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

elem wrote:Great idea!!

I'm in for sharing recipes...

8)
Be careful with the word ‘sharing’ Eva as I’ve got an idea you might know a few more than me!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Here is mine -
Go down town, look at the menue, order, eat, f**k off... :cheers:
Last edited by Randy Cornhole on Wed May 20, 2009 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.35mmview.com
mrh79
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mrh79 »

JW - that sound's really tasty .. mmmmmmmmmm!!

However, me and a frying pan are not always a match made in heaven . Something as easy as that, im bound to cock up!! Fingers crossed, and ta for the idea.. im off to Asda!!
Poe

Here's one.

Post by Poe »

Be sure to read the "More Info" section.
When Chuck Norris does a push up, he isn't pushing himself up, he is pushing the earth down.
keith
Banned
Banned

Randy Cornhole

Post by keith »

Spot on anyone cooking at home when food in resturants is so cheap and good is crazey.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Well, there are some of us who like to sit on the sofa in our knickers and enjoy a good meal while watching the TV. :shock: :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
keith
Banned
Banned

thats good too

Post by keith »

That sounds good to but it disturbs me a little trying to picture you in your knickers with a bowl of something hot and maybe spicy on your lap.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Cheers,

Its made in 4-5mins and is super tasty, like prcscct i like to sit at home in shorts sometimes!
Looking forward to hearing others favourites!
Francois
Professional
Professional

Re: Cookin Corner

Post by Francois »

sandman67 wrote:how about a section where amateur chefs and foodies could post some tasty local recipes......
Good idea... We could share "adapted to local ingredients" recipes.

Here is one for lazzy cook :

Afelia from Cyprus

Cut a pork tenderloin in chunk of a bite size. Put in a bowl with 2 tbsp of crushed coriander seeds, 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 glasses of red wine, salt and pepper.

Let marinate a few hours (overnight is better)

Drain the meat and keep the marinade aside.

Brown your meat in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Pour the marinade on it, and sufficient water to cover the meat and simmer for 30 minutes.

Mix 2 tsp all purpose flour with 1 rounded tsp butter. Add to the meat, mix thoroughly this will thicken your sauce.

Serve with boiled potatoes or pasta... Or like in Cyprus with bulgur and yogurt...

Enjoy :)
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Or this

Image[/url]
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.