Kids friendly restaurants in the city center?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HuaHinwKids
Novice
Novice

Kids friendly restaurants in the city center?

Post by HuaHinwKids »

Hi

Would you give me some recommendations on kids friendly restaurants? With kids, we just can't venture out to restaurants often recommended in this forum. I prefer Thai restaurants with descent selections (they love tofu, fried rice, etc) but my husband needs a break from Thai seafood once in a while. We will be here for another few days.

Thanks!
gasman2
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Kids friendly restaurants in the city center?

Post by gasman2 »

I like Fuji Japanese restaurant in Market Village, ace food, quick efficient staff and relaxing decor. Only prob with kids is the toilet is a bit of a hike away..
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

There is a Vietnamese restaurant, can't remember the name, just to the left of Market Village as you look at it from outside, not Thai granted, but they do a good selection of SE Asian dishes, not just Vietnamese and the staff are very friendly.
8)
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
HuaHinwKids
Novice
Novice

Post by HuaHinwKids »

Thanks, guys! We did the Market Villege yesterday but was tough to get there with a toddler and a baby in a stroller :-(. But glad we did, though. We got to stop by the market on the way back and picked up some snacks.

I am hoping to find something close to Centara & Hilton with some selection of farang food with good Thai food...if there is any.

Thanks again!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

aragon wrote:There is a Vietnamese restaurant, can't remember the name, just to the left of Market Village as you look at it from outside, not Thai granted, but they do a good selection of SE Asian dishes, not just Vietnamese and the staff are very friendly.
8)
The Mekong.

It is run by Lek who also owns CoCo's on soi 51

As always food is good, Thai, VN and Farang too

Inside aircon and outside watching the world go by

Not cheap though although they do run reduced price specials
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

HuaHinwKids wrote:Thanks, guys! We did the Market Villege yesterday but was tough to get there with a toddler and a baby in a stroller :-(. But glad we did, though. We got to stop by the market on the way back and picked up some snacks.

I am hoping to find something close to Centara & Hilton with some selection of farang food with good Thai food...if there is any.

Thanks again!

Plenty around that area. IMO the best and most reasonable are along Poonsuk . Along from Bam Bam Forget the the ones before
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

bam bams and moonsmile and platter are not the best with children especially if they are busy with a push chair
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

ste860 wrote:bam bams and moonsmile and platter are not the best with children especially if they are busy with a push chair
Ste

Seem them bring them in when more than 1 toddler

Secret with all those joints is to get there lunchtime or at 6pm before the whale meaters arrive
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

HuaHinwKids
Novice
Novice

Post by HuaHinwKids »

Will give a try to Moon Smile for lunch. Thanks again!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Try the Sirin Hotel Restaurant directly beside (across the parking lot) from McDonalds. They have excellent Thai food and foreign food at reasonable prices, are set up to handle kids and the staff loves them. It's short walking distance from where you mentioned.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
almirante82
Amateur
Amateur

Post by almirante82 »

I must agree with the comment about the Sirin hotel, we went there the other night. Our son usually causes us no end of stress when it comes to eating out, but we had a very good meal at the Sirin hotel.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Bam Bam's is very kid friendly we eat there a lot when in town my wife is good friends with the owners i popped over the 7-11 for some ciggies came back and the lady owner was bathing my little girl in a washing up bowl and making a really big fuss of her.

She also always gives us sticky rice and thai custard to take away or some fruit, for free they really are lovely people.

The restaurant to the left of Bam Bam's is called Chow Yen seafood i had a very poor meal in there the worst i have ever had in Hua Hin, on this holiday.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
HuaHinwKids
Novice
Novice

Post by HuaHinwKids »

HH, Almirante, Kendo-

I should have read your posting before heading over to Moonsmile. The lady who was waiting the tables looked so annoyed to see us with kids .. Maybe we should have left, then - my mistake. No smile whatsoever. To be fair, i understand how annoying it can be with kids but Thais in general like kids especially babies. It was the first time I saw a Thai not smiling at a baby, but she was smiling at all the farangs who walked by.

The restaurant wasn't super crowded but they had a few customers eating. Our food took quite long time to come out, thigh people who came afte us got their food before us. Kids were so hungry and they were getting little noisy which I believe upset her even more. My son needed to go to the bathroom and my husband asked her if they had a bathroom. She said no but a guy behind the counter apparently felt bad and gave him a key to a shared bathroom.

Food was pretty OK - defintely to farang's taste- but can't say it is family friendly from this experience.
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Post by TingTongJohn »

My kids love the Pizza company and swensons desert after in the Village Market.
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

HuaHinwKids wrote:HH, Almirante, Kendo-

I should have read your posting before heading over to Moonsmile. The lady who was waiting the tables looked so annoyed to see us with kids .. Maybe we should have left, then - my mistake. No smile whatsoever. To be fair, i understand how annoying it can be with kids but Thais in general like kids especially babies. It was the first time I saw a Thai not smiling at a baby, but she was smiling at all the farangs who walked by.

The restaurant wasn't super crowded but they had a few customers eating. Our food took quite long time to come out, thigh people who came afte us got their food before us. Kids were so hungry and they were getting little noisy which I believe upset her even more. My son needed to go to the bathroom and my husband asked her if they had a bathroom. She said no but a guy behind the counter apparently felt bad and gave him a key to a shared bathroom.

Food was pretty OK - defintely to farang's taste- but can't say it is family friendly from this experience.
Moonsmile are shite compared to Bam Bams. They just want the masses and don't give a shit about customer service. VFM&Q&service Bam Bam's beats the lot
RICHARD OF LOXLEY