Soi 94 - More changes

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Soi 94 - More changes

Post by hhfarang »

Went to Eat@HuaHin again and besides the Jeager shnitzel, I can recommend the chicken schnitzel as well as the cordon bleu. I had one and my wife had the other. They are large portions so come hungry.

Oh, and the mashed potatoes are excellent. I think they ad garlic or some other spices to it that makes it better than the usual. The fried potatoes have onions and small pieces of bacon included so that is tasty too.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Re: Soi 94 map

Post by Big Boy »

Following the success of the Binthablock photos, to help put places to names on the map, we've taken photos of establishments. There are even some that won't appear until the next map is published. Here's a taster:
Morning Bread
Morning Bread
007_Morning_Breadb.png (449.61 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Terrace 90
Terrace 90
011_Terrace_90b.png (454.85 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Lovely Bar
Lovely Bar
016_Lovely_Barb.png (474.13 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Happy Bar
Happy Bar
026_Happy_Barb.png (460.62 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Pizza Garden
Pizza Garden
029_Pizza_Gardenb.png (461.45 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Korat Kitchen
Korat Kitchen
031_Korat_Kitchenb.png (480.39 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Casanova Bar
Casanova Bar
036_Casanova_Barb.png (450.43 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Birdhouse Cafe
Birdhouse Cafe
041_Birdhouse_Cafeb.png (408.32 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Oy Restaurant
Oy Restaurant
048_Oy_Restaurantb.png (381.84 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
A full set of photos can be viewed here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What's with Lovely Bar? Are they doing like the Italians and keeping the outside of a building ugly to deter thieves, while the inside is palatial? I would expect to see patrons with patches over one eye and a hook for a hand leaning up against the wall in the evenings. :shock:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Is 'Lovely Bar' actually open? It looks from the photo as if it's on the point of collapse! I guess the moniker is ironic?
Talk is cheap
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Yes it's still open Caller but I agree it's not a very apt name !!
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I stop into Lovely Bar from time to time but I don't know why. It opens about 5'ish every day. It's butt ugly on the inside as well. I swear there is not a right angle in the place! The floors tilt, the tables tilt, you have to brace yourself so not to fall into the urinal. I imagine the toilet is a real "crap shoot".

A couple of gals work in there but they are a little broad across the beam for me. . .

Big Leo is 100 Bt.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've been out and about again today looking at changes to the Soi 94 Map. I will list the potential changes below, and will give you guys 48(ish) hours to add your comment before I pass the changes to our map maker.

Refurbishment/Temporary Closure

Yellow House closed until October
Wijittra BBQ Garden closed for season
Korat Kitchen due to re-open October
Morning Bread

No Longer In Business

Bon-Nern Kitchen
Souey Vista
Station 94
Jing Jai Coffee
7 Even Fridays

New

Yellow House
Yellow House.jpg
MATA Vietnamese Food Garden
MATA Vietnamese Food Garden.jpg
MATA Vietnamese Food Garden.jpg (75.52 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
Terranyaki Japanese Restaurant (accidentally missed last time)

Star Bar
Star Bar.jpg
Noi's Pit Stop
Noi's Pit Stop.jpg
Orchid Restaurant (accidentally missed last time)

Pats Place
Pats Place.jpg
La Rumba
La Rumba 1.jpg
La Rumba 2.jpg
Gelato Cafe & Bistro
Gelato.jpg
New name/Management

Coopers Beer Bar. Replaces 555.
Coopers Beer Bar.jpg
Maxime. Replaces Bangkok Kitchen
Maxime.jpg
Please don't be shy guys (as if) - let us know if there are any errors - we do our best, but its hot out there when we do this :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Good job as far as I can tell Big Boy. I, and I think most of the forum appreciate all the information and photos you have provided since you moved here full time. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

hhfarang wrote:
Good job as far as I can tell Big Boy. I, and I think most of the forum appreciate all the information and photos you have provided since you moved here full time. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Hear, hear. BB's photos also give us, who have gone pastures new, a good chance to see how the place is changing.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

I love these maps. I'm coming out to HH in September for a 6 month sabattical, and memorising them. Hope to get around at least 50%
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Korat Kitchen is due to reopen in October.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks moja, I've amended my original post.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

moja wrote:Korat Kitchen is due to reopen in October.
It actually re-opened tonight. Same staff, same excellent food, similar (maybe same) prices. We had a lovely meal on the new mezanine floor.

Points 48; Position 18
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Yes went there are lunch time and had a lovely meal. Plenty of problems with the builders but it will be worth it in the end.
Rone

Wander down 94

Post by Rone »

Had a wander down Soi 94 yesterday first for a long time. How things have changed. Had a large Chang in Joes bar - mistake at 109 baht most expensive on this trip so far. Small beers were same price as Binta. Had lunch at Khorat Kitchen very good food and decent portions and large Chang a more respectable 90 baht. I don't how bars survive charging 20 - 30% more for the same product with similar facilities.