Indian restaurant on Soi 80

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Indian restaurant on Soi 80

Post by Pagey »

I went to Soi 80 to watch footy last night and noticed a new Indian restaurant has opened. It's near the railway end of the Soi on the left as you head towards Petchakasem.

I think it's called NewDelhithai or similar but I didn't have time to see the opening hours or menu but I am sure someone will visit soon and post more details re quality and price. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Indian restaurant on Soi 80

Post by richard »

I have two friends who went with their girl friends and will never go again.

Ordered starters including two nan breads and two or three main courses.

After some considerable time the main courses arrived.Small portions. No starters yet and no rice. Took a bit of bellowing to get the rice and the starters arrived after the main courses were finished with 1 nan bread.

Bill came and they had been charged for 2 nan breads. They were asked if they would return again and were politely told 'no way'. The food was expensive too

No Indians there just Thais. Needless to say I will not be testing it out
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
mikepetersen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikepetersen »

One of my friend who visited this hotel told me that the food is quite testy but the price is a little bit higher than other hotels.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

mikepetersen wrote:One of my friend who visited this hotel told me that the food is quite testy but the price is a little bit higher than other hotels.
it is not hotel it is a restaurant and pretty bad one too

the menu choices are a laugh, if memory serves me right only two chicken curries, a vindaloo and a "chicken curry" they also offer a chicken tikka starter on the bone- just not right

will not be back