Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
Hahuahin
Member
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by Hahuahin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:09 pm

How is it with popular eating places in Hua Hin which cater both to Thai`s and Foreigners and where you get lunch /dinner quickly made and priced less than Thb 100-, Its not the spend the whole evening places I look for but places where locals and expats can stop by when hungry and get a fill with clean and reasonable food.

Thanks
Hahuahin

User avatar
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3585
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by GLCQuantum » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Hua Hin still has plenty of places where you can pick up 40 baht dishes (fried rice with meat of choice, crispy pork and rice, pork leg and rice, chicken and rice, fried chicken and rice, stir fried pork/chicken with basil and rice, chicken and garlic with rice, pork and garlic with rice...)

You'll notice from the above that - anything that comes 'with rice' is cheap apart from an Indian. It's cheap food. Made to be cheap for people who eat cheaply.

A good steak and chips mind... gonna cost you a few hundred baht. Personally, I'm looking forward to trying 'Grace's American Burger's' 500 baht burger. The owner's a friend of mine and, ever since another member posted a pic of the burger in another thread, it's all that's been on my mind. :rasta:

I spend anywhere from 500-1000 baht a day on food (when I'm able to)... sue me... I like good food. I'll have an Isaan dish thrown in the mix but I can't live 'Thai style', unfortunately.

:cheers:

User avatar
JamesWest
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:23 am
Location: Khao Takiap, Hua Hin

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by JamesWest » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:45 pm

I knew I would be giving up many inexpensive things in the USA, but 500 baht for a burger? that is $13.87 USD for a burger?

i can and do go to Hamburger Hamlet in Beverly Hills California and pay about 30% less and sit next to Harrison Ford.

or get two double doubles at "in and out" burgers for about 250 which are far superior.

Too bad Thais don't know how to grow cows.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.

User avatar
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3585
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by GLCQuantum » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:54 pm

JamesWest wrote: i can and do go to Hamburger Hamlet in Beverly Hills California and pay about 30% less and sit next to Harrison Ford.
Bloody hell his stocks have gone down. Sure, movies aren't going to well for him recently, but charging people a couple of bucks so they can sit next to him and eat a burger...

...seems a tad extreme.

:blues:

User avatar
migrant
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3613
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 am
Location: California is now in the past hello Thailand!!

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by migrant » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:18 pm

GLCQuantum wrote:
JamesWest wrote: i can and do go to Hamburger Hamlet in Beverly Hills California and pay about 30% less and sit next to Harrison Ford.
Bloody hell his stocks have gone down. Sure, movies aren't going to well for him recently, but charging people a couple of bucks so they can sit next to him and eat a burger...

...seems a tad extreme.

:blues:
That's show biz!!! :cheers:
The essence of life lies with the dispensing with of formalities

User avatar
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by Frank Hovis » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:38 pm

but charging people a couple of bucks so they can sit next to him and eat a burger... ...seems a tad extreme.
And for another 10 dollars he'll give you a quick Han Solo :oops:

User avatar
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3585
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by GLCQuantum » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Frank Hovis wrote:
but charging people a couple of bucks so they can sit next to him and eat a burger... ...seems a tad extreme.
And for another 10 dollars he'll give you a quick Han Solo :oops:
Stop it Frank! Just... stop it.

:bow:

Hahuahin
Member
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by Hahuahin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:42 pm

GLCQuantum wrote:Hua Hin still has plenty of places where you can pick up 40 baht dishes (fried rice with meat of choice, crispy pork and rice, pork leg and rice, chicken and rice, fried chicken and rice, stir fried pork/chicken with basil and rice, chicken and garlic with rice, pork and garlic with rice...)

You'll notice from the above that - anything that comes 'with rice' is cheap apart from an Indian. It's cheap food. Made to be cheap for people who eat cheaply.

A good steak and chips mind... gonna cost you a few hundred baht. Personally, I'm looking forward to trying 'Grace's American Burger's' 500 baht burger. The owner's a friend of mine and, ever since another member posted a pic of the burger in another thread, it's all that's been on my mind. :rasta:

I spend anywhere from 500-1000 baht a day on food (when I'm able to)... sue me... I like good food. I'll have an Isaan dish thrown in the mix but I can't live 'Thai style', unfortunately.

:cheers:
Great & thanks :D

ahandpatsy
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:33 pm

Lets go to .......

Post by ahandpatsy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Restaurants with bars come and go, but everybody has a place they just keep going back to because it good, cheap and consistent maybe.

For expats and visitors alike there is a place they return to over and over

For me its mini farm

I would love to know

What is the place everybody goes to the most ?

HHTel
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2429
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by HHTel » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Just found a restaurant that I know has been there for a while. 'Coconuts' which is on the parallel road to 102. Not sure if it has a number but it's the same road as Dara's Bar and the lake. Went to eat there after floating our kratong on the lake. Was really surprised at the menu. All the steak is imported and very tender. I had lasagne which was also very good. The steak is better than a well known steak restaurant in Takiab (PJ's) and a whole lot cheaper. Pleasant and attentive staff. I'll definitely be back there.

Rone
Member
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:41 am

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by Rone » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Surprised that you rate mini farm so highly. In the past I would agree but after a couple of disappointing meals have not been back. In fairness last time was couple of years ago. It used to have a nice ambience with the plants and flowers but they had gone and the last two times we were the only diners , the meals were unexciting bland and small portions. Still hungry drooped in at Kim's on way home for a sweet.
Still they may have improved again and if so great. Otherwise we all have different expectation and each to his own.

HHTel
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2429
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by HHTel » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Hasn't mini farm closed down/changed hands? Their shop closed some time ago.

taffinexile
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: England

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by taffinexile » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:54 am

As been said before, recommending places is a matter of taste. So called experts on food are only expressing their own taste and to me hold as much revelance as any other comment. Two places I go to when in Hua Hin are Mr Mon on 112 and I thinks it's called the Hut down Takiab, both are plastic table places and a lot of people walk past with noses turned up, not me.
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy

Deep Blue
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by Deep Blue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:23 am

7/11

User avatar
aragon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: The (Not So) Magic Kingdom

Re: Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by aragon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:20 am

taffinexile wrote:Mr Mon on 112
Mr Mon is good, but my favourite is Rom Mai in Takiab :thumb:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves.
After marriage, the 'Y' becomes silent.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests