Free range garden eggs

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Free range garden eggs

Post by Takiap »

Mods, if this is overstepping the line, please feel free to lock or delete.

My MIL has gone ahead and acquired about 25 REAL chickens and as a result, she is now getting more eggs than we could ever hope to eat. Our chickens are free range since s it's their job to keep the beastie population down. We do supplement their diet with some cracked corn, vegetables and fruit, so they are living good.

At present we are getting 15 to 20 eggs per day so I have promised my MIL that I would try and put the word out to see if anyone would be interested in buy fresh eggs from her. Depending on how many eggs a person orders, the chances are all the eggs will have been laid on the day you order.

We stay in Borfai so I'm sure she would be willing to deliver free of charge as well if you stay nearby, or for a small fee if you stay further afield.

Please note though, that since these are true free range eggs, they are not all identical in terms of color or size. What I can say though, is that you'll see the difference the minute you crack the eggs open.

Anyway, if interested just PM me, or post on here. :thumb:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Re: Free range garden eggs

Post by Big Boy »

You're probably overstepping the mark, although I can't see you making your fortune with or without advertising. Personally, I'll leave it for Admin to decide.

Bring what you've got (no more than 30) with you on Wednesday evening, and we'll have them. Mrs BB will then say if she wants more.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Hi Takaieb.

I'm interessted in 10-15 maybe more egs per week,what is the price per eg ?

I live opposite imigration office,so can pick them up myself.

:cheers: :cheers:
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi Takiap

We'd certainly be interested.
Would it be possible to pick up a tray first and then we can talk about placing a regular order?

Just send me a PM or call me at 084-8007400.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Thanks for the replies guys. I've received a few PMs for details, so before I respond to any other requests, I'm going to wait and see where we stand because we only get so many eggs per week. Thank goodness my MIL can read English because if got wind of the interest shown on here she would be straight out to get even more hens. :shock:

Considering just how often I fight with the old bag, I don't even really know why I'm allowing myself to get roped into this. Nonetheless, it is quite amusing. :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Eggciting stuff :duck:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Big Boy wrote:You're probably overstepping the mark, although I can't see you making your fortune with or without advertising. Personally, I'll leave it for Admin to decide.

Bring what you've got (no more than 30) with you on Wednesday evening, and we'll have them. Mrs BB will then say if she wants more.

I don't know BB, from the way my MIL has been going on about this, you would swear she's about to become a millionaire. Anyway, the eggs can't be too bad because she's already go a few fixed orders, which of course has only boosted her ego even more.

I'll bring through thirty if she has than many available - she's charging 6 baht an egg, roughly the same price as the CP eggs at Tesco.

As a side note.........one of her Thai friends commented that the eggs are sometimes difficult to peel if you boil them. I did a Google search and it seem this has to do with the freshness. The fresher they are, the more difficult they are to peel, but apparently you can get around this by dunking them in cold water. Not sure if it works or not because I always eat my eggs fried or scrambled.

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Terry wrote:Eggciting stuff :duck:

You don't need to tell me. You must be beside yourself with eggcitement, now that you can offer your customers good quality egg mayonnaise sandwiches while they're waiting to catch the big one. :laugh: :thumb:

barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Takiap wrote:

You don't need to tell me. You must be beside yourself with eggcitement, now that you can offer your customers good quality egg mayonnaise sandwiches while they're waiting to catch the big one. :laugh: :thumb:

Or even of eggcellent quality, I would have thought :wink:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

barrys wrote:
Takiap wrote:

Or even of eggcellent quality, I would have thought :wink:
Come on lads, sounds like you are eggsagerating now!!
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Eggscuse me but aren't we getting OT now... :oops:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Quit egging on the silly posters :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

My daughter has 5 chickens at her place in California, had 6 but one eaten by a Raccoon :shock: Having egg layers seems to be a trend now even in semi-urban environments. She gets about one egg per day per bird and with a family of 5 (6 if including dog) she has more eggs then she knows what to do with.

Takiap......she doesn't refrigerate the eggs but leaves them in a bowl on the counter. Is that safe, and how long is safe? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pete, supermarkets don't refrigerate eggs so whilst I'm sure most of us do, I'm sure there is no need if they are going to be eaten within a reasonable number of days.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

I think as Dannie Boy. A rather well discussed subject tough: http://bit.ly/1aKyJqK :)