Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Restaurant News

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pleng wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Wasn't the Indian restaurant in Collindale (spelling?) called Taste of India?
No that was Thankyou India which, as Pagey noted, is now in Khao Takiab
Thanks for confirming that my memory is getting worse, I'm sure it can't be anything to do with age?
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

I understand that Hugo of Margaritas is now cooking Mexican fare at Cantaloupe Island. Has anybody tried it?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Not yet but his food was always good, now he has a location which can surely work well, good luck to them and will visit very soon :)
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Huahinian wrote:I understand that Hugo of Margaritas is now cooking Mexican fare at Cantaloupe Island. Has anybody tried it?

no, but would love to try it - his food is always great. Where is it exactly?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Opposite police station/City Beach Hotel area

Edit : same owner as Coco 51 and Vietnamese place near MV
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Pagey wrote:Opposite police station/City Beach Hotel area

Edit : same owner as Coco 51 and Vietnamese place near MV

Thanks a lot Pagey :cheers:
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Cafe 99 changed. Formerly 99 b meals are now 129 b. According to the sign, the new name is 'Cafe' and states every day a 99b special. Same people working there.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Still a good deal at Cafe 129!

Need to get to Mexican soon :)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I went by Khum Issan this afternoon to pick up some food to go and they were closed again with no one around. The signs are still there so I don't know if they are just closed on Saturdays, closed for an extended period again, or just closed. I tried to call the English speaking owner, Khun Beer, but a Thai woman who spoke no English answered the phone and when I tried to interrogate her about the situation she could only say "closed" in English. :? :?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

The new Indian next to Rocco Condo on the road to the beach & kite schools has changed its name already from Taste of India to Indian Spice.

I just stopped off on my way to the beach for a look at the menu. It is the same owner and menu as Maharaja on Naresdarmi Road and therefore same town rent/tourist prices.

About the cheapest main course is Butter Chicken at 180 Baht with most other chicken dishes 200 baht minimum and of course prawn and lamb dishes even more expensive. Keema nan is 100 Baht.

Singha Beer is 70/140.

Its always good for us expats to have new restaurants opening in different locations and different cuisines and if the owners do their homework there is no reason why they cannot be successful.

Unfortunately in my opinion this Indian will not do very well unless the food is out off this world. It does not have the foot traffic of the new Indian on the corner of Soi 80, it does not have the view/location of Smor and S & S is only 5 minutes walk away and is half the price.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Maharajah has gone downhill badly over the last 6 months (it didnt have far to fall), have had 2 groups of friends visit and it was almost inedible and many things not available...
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

JW wrote:Maharajah has gone downhill badly over the last 6 months (it didnt have far to fall), have had 2 groups of friends visit and it was almost inedible and many things not available...
That's a shame. I haven't been there for a couple of years but it was always top quality when I did go.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Cajutan is back. Soi 88/1, the soi just south of Market Village.

[Mod Edit] Links to menus for non-sponsors is not permitted.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Swedish place, its small but nice food - they were doing a good job in Montri beside Mai Tai? Have they given it up?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Also, have Saiboo packed it in? They, to me (who spent nearly a year in Germany) were one of the two best German restaurants in town along with Maya's off Soi 80. I've tried to go to Saiboo three times in the last week and they were shut. I did get a meal there just a little over a week ago, but shortly after that they seemed to lock their doors and have been dark.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?