Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by fft100 »

Hopefully lins does find new premises. Been around for 10 years iirc. Decent food at reasonable prices. Also opened at 7.30 and had the papers. Chinese landlord wanting more money, nothing to do with numbers of customers, always a few people in there. Will miss the cottage pie and Liver, veg and mash (good stuff before playing golf).
artyoz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by artyoz »

Been going to little restaurant in 94 called "Thai Friendly Kitchen" next door to Morning Bread cafe. I'd say run by husband & wife team and the staff live up to restaurant name,very friendly. Good thai food that a westerner can easily eat. Very easy on the pocket to so maybe that's why they seem to get a lot of repeat custom.
Rone

Re: BamBams

Post by Rone »

Would be very sorry to see this restaurant go. Lovely family owned with mum,dad son and daughters all working in their. I hope it is them extending which would make sense because the kitchen was very small and must have been very uncomfortable for the mother cooking. She regularly had to go out front to cool down and get some fresh air (or as fresh as it gets on poonsuk). Fingers crossed we will see them again shortly.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guys, can we please keep this thread to notification of Restaurants opening and closing?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but a member going to a restaurant and enjoying the food is not news. If you like or dislike a restaurant, please start a new thread dedicated to that establishment.

This is a Forum not Facebook, where an item appears in the Newsfeed for a couple of hours and then gets lost. Start a thread in the Feeding Time Forum, and it will be available to members forever. Your experience will help many others over a period of time. Put it on this thread, and it will very soon be lost.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Coffee 77 reopened 100 yards north of the former location. It's now at the corner of Petch and Soi 75/2 (the entrance of Sea Cret).
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

i had a beef cheesebuger at Burger 88. a new place, yes? it was good! 100 baht. they have pork too.

the place is still under construction. so i did "to go"
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

No signs of construction at Burger 88 this evening. Eat in was an option. It's not on either of the 88s. It's 100 meters from the canal on the soi with no name that goes past the 88-94 market. They make a good beef burger, something I rarely say about burgers in SE Asia.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Homer wrote:No signs of construction at Burger 88 this evening. Eat in was an option. It's not on either of the 88s. It's 100 meters from the canal on the soi with no name that goes past the 88-94 market. They make a good beef burger, something I rarely say about burgers in SE Asia.
The Soi with no name, is that sung by U2?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Captain Doug's is now O' La La Pizza. Still under construction.
Attachments
2015-10-06 17.55.18.jpg
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So, no longer a bar?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

When I was there 4 weeks ago it was being totally gutted, so I would think quite a way from being totally finished still. When I saw it all the demolition was being done to the inside of the place so could not really see any sort of layout there to comment on what it may look like.
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Rays Place in Soi 19 seems to have disappeared?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Nereus wrote:
Big Boy wrote:I've just been told that Mr Burger 3 has closed - can anybody confirm please.
I was just about to post the same question. I arrived from Bnagkok and intended going there for lunch, as I usually do. There is a sign written in Thai, and on the same notice, in English: "closed, never to reopen. " :(
There's been a new sign outside the old Mr Burger 3 for 2 or 3 months now. No other changes are apparent though.
tmp_4014-mrburger3-1924899268.jpg
tmp_4014-mrburger3-1924899268.jpg (125.81 KiB) Viewed 804 times
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

A new sign went up yesterday on Soi 102 for Korat Kitchen.

It's a new restaurant build and looks like it will be a while longer till they get it open.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Big Boy wrote:So, no longer a bar?
i ran into Admiral Doug, (he been promoted) and he said he sold the place a few months ago. that was about the time they started the remodel. Unknown if still a bar, i would think so... pizza bar thing.