Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Restaurant News

Post by richard »

Gulf of Thailand?

I was supposed to join up with friends at this place tonight but missed it. Apparently very good. They had the special which was a sizeable lamb stew with trimmings

Don't know where it is other than it's on the left going up soi 80

Anybody been or seen?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ I am well familiar with the place. Owned by a Thai man by the name of Jim who spent 40 years in the States. A fine fellow who probably runs one of the very few profitable bars on Soi 80. As he was raised in the west so he knows how to get the money from the top line (sales) to the bottom line (profit).

Three or four times a week he puts on a feed and does a very good job of it. HUGE ribs, meat loaf, stews (last night was lamb and I also missed it, drat). He sends me and others who ask a text message on the mornings of the days he is going to offer dinner. It is not an every day event. His beer is on ice as opposed to a cooler.

Gulf of Thailand is toward the upper third of Soi 80.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I was there for the lamb last night and everybody enjoyed it. Jim is a real threat to my waistline :-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

I'd love to know when the lamb is on again - can someone keep us update please?????
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I'm not telling what's on Sunday or there will not be any left when I get there....lol
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

If my friends invite me (hint) I'll make it Sunday night
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

From the OP:
hhfarang wrote:Things change here so rapidly in the restaurant world that I thought I would start a thread to update previous postings as well as alert foodies to new offerings. This will hopefully help people avoid disappointment when they go to a previously recommended restaurant that is no longer in business or has changed the menu because of a change of ownership.
Is returning a thread to it's original intent considered hijacking?

I saw today the space formerly occupied by Best Beans in Kao Takiab had construction workers and a banner announcing a sushi bar.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Homer wrote:From the OP:
hhfarang wrote:Things change here so rapidly in the restaurant world that I thought I would start a thread to update previous postings as well as alert foodies to new offerings. This will hopefully help people avoid disappointment when they go to a previously recommended restaurant that is no longer in business or has changed the menu because of a change of ownership.
Is returning a thread to it's original intent considered hijacking?
Thanks for reviving this topic and bringing it back on track. As a way of guidance we would like to keep this thread solely for restaurant news, openings, closures, moving, re-naming etc. Please do not post recommendations or restaurant special offers/promotions here as the thread will become open to abuse by those looking to freeload and promote their (or their friends) restaurants. New topics can be started for individual restaurant recommendations. Thanks.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

[Mod Edit]
Lev wrote:we would like to keep this thread solely for restaurant news, openings, closures, moving, re-naming etc.
The 'etc' does not including as acting as real estate agents.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Am I going totally blind? I swear I saw an entry earlier today which said that Maya Bistro was for sale.... Anyhow, I spoke to Sue, the owner, several hours ago and she ensured me that Maya is definitely not for sale.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

For those Issan food lovers out there, Khum Esan is back open for business now. I can't really see any changes to the kitchen which (a remodel of) was the excuse they gave me for being closed for a month, but TIT.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks HHF, I was actually going to ask if they were back this morning as it is convenient to call in there after the football.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Seafood restaurants get a good write up on Stickman:

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Stickman ... ua-Hin.htm
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just been into the Baguette and seen that they now have opened a shop in Cha-am, not sure on exact location though.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

buksida wrote:Just been into the Baguette and seen that they now have opened a shop in Cha-am, not sure on exact location though.

On the main road from the traffic lights to the beach - on the left hand side in a new row of shops.