Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
sticks

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by sticks »

We went to the royal Indian Thursday night and wouldn't go there again, my wife had vegtable samosas that were soggy and chewy, I had tandoori chicken and it was bland wouldn't bother going back there again too over priced not a touch on smor spa.
By the way can you tell me what dishes you had that made you go back 3 times in 5 days please we might of just ordered the wrong meals.
Sticks
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

bit more pf a brit on my foods. chicken tikka massala and butter chicken and both very good, the first time the massala came packed with green and red peppers- not my style so next time I asked for just chicken and sauce and it was great
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Tried the Royal India and it was pretty good. Similar taste to the one at the top if soi 80 but still not a good (IMO) as S&S on soi 94.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alfasteve
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Alfasteve »

I can really recommend the small Namaste Restaurant in Dolphin Bay!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Alfasteve wrote:I can really recommend the small Namaste Restaurant in Dolphin Bay!
No internet access? Did you ask?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
huahin123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by huahin123 »

I was wondering about these, thanks! Ill have to try them out.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

My Nephew has been in the area for eight days staying 4 days with us and then 4 days at a budget hotel in HH. On his last night I recommended to him, the Indian restaurant at the end of Soi 80, so next day before he was heading back to BKK I contacted him and asked how the curry was - he replied, I'll give you a clue by saying I went back there for lunch today before catching the bus to the airport.

Sounds like it's still doing the business!!
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Tried out soi 80 last night and was happy with it though service was uneven, is it because the cook can't do more than one thing at a time? My pal opined the tandoori chicken was just roast chicken painted with tandoor paste, can't comment as I didn't sample it.
Large Leo @79 made sense.
The key question is always, would you go back? Yes.
Happiness can't buy money
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

johnnyk wrote:Tried out soi 80 last night and was happy with it though service was uneven, is it because the cook can't do more than one thing at a time? My pal opined the tandoori chicken was just roast chicken painted with tandoor paste, can't comment as I didn't sample it.

the shouldnt have ot on the menu as I dont think they have the right oven for tandoori
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

blue05 wrote:
johnnyk wrote:Tried out soi 80 last night and was happy with it though service was uneven, is it because the cook can't do more than one thing at a time? My pal opined the tandoori chicken was just roast chicken painted with tandoor paste, can't comment as I didn't sample it.

the shouldnt have ot on the menu as I dont think they have the right oven for tandoori
I thought they did nan breads - if they do, the same oven is suitable for cooking tandoori chicken etc.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Yeah they have a tandoor oven for sure. The place has become a little hit or miss IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There are 2 sorts of restaurants, those who can handle a full house and those who can't, this is in the latter category.
If I drive by and there are two tables full, I'll stop and eat, if fuller than that I pass by.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Two tables occupied, a falang couple at one and my mate and I at t'other.
Anyway, no real issues and tasty enough to give them another shot though I do believe S&S to be better.
Happiness can't buy money
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

:agree: s&s definitely better, specially the nan bread
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

IMO ever since the Nepalese lady left the service has not been as good. Soi 80 I'm talking about now. The Thai lady that owns the place use to verbally bash her right in front of everyone from time to time and I felt bad for her.

Tough situation to be a foreign migrant worker in the employ of a Thai business I would think. They would have you by the short hairs day in and day out.

Last time I was in my meal was very nice.