Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by blue05 »

Just opened a few days ago quite a big place right at the end of soi 80 on the Railway Road

Went on Friday and had the butter chicken and naan bread, fantastic

Tried again last night chicken tikka massala and naan bread , again another winner

well worth a visit for the Indian lovers

Price wise cheap , neither meal was over 150bt
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New Indian Soi 80 / Railway Road

Post by JW »

Tried last week too, tikka masala, lamb roghan josh, and dupiaza, naan, raita...too,much for 3 people and all really good, think our bill was about 600, so excellent value. Told waitress on leaving that the food was excellent....she answered with a surprised voice... Oh really,,thanks so much, really sweet !!!! Give it a try :)
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

3 of us tried it last night!
While its fair to say its not the finished product yet..... Only 1 menu for the whole place, dishes not available, no sign that it is an Indian etc it was the best meal we have had in HH this trip!

We had popadoms and pickles to start.... Not the same as UK but fine, then a meat platter and 2 thalis. It's mostly South Indian cuisine and lots of vegetarian options. The food was fantastic, so much so we were unwilling to leave anything and made pigs of ourselves. 3 of us had about 4 big Leo's (B59). We had just about the most expensive things on the menu and including drinks it came to B300 each. We left VERY happy and full! I don't think they will cope very well with large numbers of people at the moment, but the food was authentic and delicious with just the right amount of heat. As I come from Leicester with a big Indian population I think I know a good curry .....and we had it last night!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

blue05 wrote:Just opened a few days ago quite a big place right at the end of soi 80 on the Railway Road

Went on Friday and had the butter chicken and naan bread, fantastic

Tried again last night chicken tikka massala and naan bread , again another winner

well worth a visit for the Indian lovers

Price wise cheap , neither meal was over 150bt
Location wise... Going up Soi 80 from Phetkasem Road... at the end, do you turn left or right?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Right. It's on the corner, great location, lots to watch coming and going on the soi!! Open sided so a nice cool breeze which was needed to cool the brow....lol
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

For accuracy I should say the 'meat platter' had fish and prawns as well as various meets. Great for sharing with the Thali
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I took a look for this place as I was going down the railway road this morning but, as has been said, there is no signage that I saw that said anything about any Indian food. I looked both coming and going.

Guess I'll have to keep looking!
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

centermid7 wrote:I took a look for this place as I was going down the railway road this morning but, as has been said, there is no signage that I saw that said anything about any Indian food. I looked both coming and going.

Guess I'll have to keep looking!
hard to miss really , it is at the very end of soi 80 on the railway road, cannot think of an easier way to describe----maybe it is opposite bia bar which is the bar on the railway road opposite soi 80
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

We had popadoms and pickles to start.... Not the same as UK but fine,
Maybe similar to India then!!!! :?
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Visited this unsigned establishment... Got assisted with parking on arrival and departure... Quite a neat and airy place. Food, as others have commented, excellent. Table service needs some more experienced hands. Order Naan but order not passed onto the kitchen until reminded... Apart from the Rogan Josh Lamb, ordered by number a mixed vegetable dish but received a mixed chicken/prawn/etc. instead. However, we overlooked that as the food was, as I said, excellent. Only open 5 days... they will learn.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

HHTel wrote:
We had popadoms and pickles to start.... Not the same as UK but fine,
Maybe similar to India then!!!! :?

:lach: :lach: :lach: You took the words straight out my mouth. :D

I guess this will become my local once a week while my daughter is attending her torture lessons at Big Boy's place. :laugh: Sorry........karate lessons. :D

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There is a restaurant in Pattaya with a sign that announces--British Indian food.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

oakdale160 wrote:There is a restaurant in Pattaya with a sign that announces--British Indian food.
that would be fare enough as they are two different things
nickswift

Post by nickswift »

blue05 wrote:
oakdale160 wrote:There is a restaurant in Pattaya with a sign that announces--British Indian food.
that would be fare enough as they are two different things
and also not in hua hin
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

--British Indian food.
To be fair, India was British but was never in the UK!!!