Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
Post Reply
Zero
Banned
Banned
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:54 am

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by Zero » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:37 am

HHTel wrote:What a load of BS. Of course you would go out of your way to promote your competitors eh? IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE. By word of mouth is fine but it's by WORD OF MOUTH, not by using a popular forum!
That is one way of looking at it, but if you think about it...the site itself is losing your presence as you go to dig up the information you need if you wanted to go and eat there. If I was an advertiser or webmaster i'd want everybody to stay on the website where i'm investing my $$$ - not leave it.

You say IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE, I say it IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE IN THE RIGHT PLACES.

And personally, I don't have any problem whatsoever in "promoting" (bad word choice) my competitors, in fact I positively encourage it in order to demonstrate my competitive advantage. But dems da rules and I totally respect that, even if I think they're counter-productive/intuitive for both the forums users and sponsors.

Sorry if I have offended anyone with these remarks, i'm really not out to upset the applecart, but with a forum comes opinion. That's the whole point isn't it?

Let's make a few dollars on the side, for sure, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Z.

Zero
Banned
Banned
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:54 am

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by Zero » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:46 am

caller wrote:It's not short-sightedness Zero, them's the rules and understood and respected as a consequence. I get it and I'm sure others also do. Anyone with half a brain will have the nounce to do as you did. Googles your friend.
Yes, I had to leave the site. And then I went off an started looking at the football on the BBC...god knows where I went after that, but it wasn't the Hua Hin Forum...

And Google is certainly not my friend or indeed yours. But I get the rules, and i'll observe them faithfully in future. This forum is a very useful site for all us ex-pats and I absolutely appreciate that fact. :)

Z.

User avatar
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Posts: 5618
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:14 am
Location: Hua Hin Forum

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by Lev » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:49 am

We make it ridiculously cheap and easy (16 baht a day) for local venues to promote their businesses here and post photos and menus. Those that take up our offer are taken care of by us which is why we do not allow the all the others to post menus, if you want to see what's on the menu go there - pretty simple really.

:offtopic:

Zero
Banned
Banned
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:54 am

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by Zero » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Lev wrote:We make it ridiculously cheap and easy (16 baht a day) for local venues to promote their businesses here and post photos and menus. Those that take up our offer are taken care of by us which is why we do not allow the all the others to post menus, if you want to see what's on the menu go there - pretty simple really.

:offtopic:
[Mod Edit]
Zero,

If you wish to continue using this forum, please appraise yourself of, and abide by the rules that you agreed to when signing up. Moderators and Admin will gladly answer your questions regarding their action via PM. Out of respect for other users, please continue this discussion as per that agreement.

Consider this a final warning.

User avatar
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3585
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by GLCQuantum » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Back in Hua hin so returned to the Indian on soi 80 straight away. Nothing to complain about, got a take away. Good value, good grub, and good service.

:cheers:

pdm3547
Professional
Professional
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:47 am

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by pdm3547 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:23 pm

GLCQuantum wrote:Back in Hua hin so returned to the Indian on soi 80 straight away. Nothing to complain about, got a take away. Good value, good grub, and good service.

:cheers:
Did you get an invitation to his wedding?

User avatar
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3585
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by GLCQuantum » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:52 pm

pdm3547 wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:Back in Hua hin so returned to the Indian on soi 80 straight away. Nothing to complain about, got a take away. Good value, good grub, and good service.

:cheers:
Did you get an invitation to his wedding?
Unfortunately no, but he allowed me to take his other three wives out for lunch while he was cementing his fourth marriage.

:D

pdm3547
Professional
Professional
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:47 am

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by pdm3547 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:11 am

GLCQuantum wrote:
pdm3547 wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:Back in Hua hin so returned to the Indian on soi 80 straight away. Nothing to complain about, got a take away. Good value, good grub, and good service.

:cheers:
Did you get an invitation to his wedding?
Unfortunately no, but he allowed me to take his other three wives out for lunch while he was cementing his fourth marriage.

:D
No, seriously! I was in there last week and halfway through the meal, a waitress came up with two invitations to his wedding.

I thought he may well have mistaken me for someone else, but no. Later that evening, a couple walked in off the street, first-timers also, and they got two invitations as well!

theprice01
Professional
Professional
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by theprice01 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:41 pm

theprice01 wrote:Theres a recently opened (1 month?) Indian food outlet in Chatsila, which i think has very good food and is well priced.
It's closed already!!!!
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D

Pleng
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2623
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:04 am
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by Pleng » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 am

Are you sure it's closed? Perhaps you just went there when they were having a day off? It was certainly open when I went there a few days ago.

theprice01
Professional
Professional
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by theprice01 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:38 pm

the signs & the cooking kit have gone
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D

properperson
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:52 pm

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by properperson » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 pm

blue05 wrote:
stu7 wrote:As I said in my introduction I spend a few months every year in HH. I will be returning soon.I have tried a few Indian places but sadly the consistency of the food and service is not that good, a lot of the dishes all taste the same,
However last time I was there I found some really good British style curries in HH Ham and Bacon Co.Can anyone tell if they are still stocking them as i have looked on their site but can not find them. hope they are because they were probably the best I have tasted here.

Cheers
the Royal in town is the closest I have come to UK curry style

Which soi is "The Royal" in ??

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 30123
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by Big Boy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Soi 61? The road leading to the beach.
League 1 - AFC Wimbledon...0 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Points 10; Position 24

Henry 14th
Professional
Professional
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:37 am

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by Henry 14th » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Pagey wrote:It's called Shiva Ayurveda and they also do yoga and meditation. You can google it to see the menu.
Went today again after a long break and the reasons for my beak have again been confirmed.

The food is very good, as are the surroundings and service, however I have a big problem with ordering a lamb dish and only enjoying 2 medium chunks of lamb in the middle of sauce.

It's a shame that the meat content is so limited because the sauces in all the meals I've ordered are leagues above the other Indian serving restaurants here in HH.

Top of the value for money and consistency tables remains S&S for me, and that is by along way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4544
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to Cha Am than Hua Hin

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by Dannie Boy » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Henry 14th wrote:
Pagey wrote:It's called Shiva Ayurveda and they also do yoga and meditation. You can google it to see the menu.
Went today again after a long break and the reasons for my beak have again been confirmed.

The food is very good, as are the surroundings and service, however I have a big problem with ordering a lamb dish and only enjoying 2 medium chunks of lamb in the middle of sauce.

It's a shame that the meat content is so limited because the sauces in all the meals I've ordered are leagues above the other Indian serving restaurants here in HH.

Top of the value for money and consistency tables remains S&S for me, and that is by along way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We all know that Lamb is fairly expensive in Thailand, so you would expect them to price their lamb dish's accordingly and give a reasonable portion, to avoid spoiling what would otherwise be an excellent meal.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests