Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New Indian Soi 80 / Railway Road

Post by sateeb »

Me and my mate ate there last Saturday after discovering that S&S was closed (yet again!!!!)...fabulous meal.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

barrys wrote:Thanks buksi, might give it another try tomorrow.
So is it the very last place on the right with a fairly substantial covered outside seating area?
After several visits, I found it best to come along Railway Road from the Railway Station and it is the very last place on right when you get to Soi 80... and there is more possibilities of finding parking on Railway Road.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

bapak wrote:After several visits, I found it best to come along Railway Road from the Railway Station and it is the very last place on right when you get to Soi 80... and there is more possibilities of finding parking on Railway Road.
But presumably the very first place on the left when you get to soi 80, if you're coming from the station? :D

I'm looking forward to trying this place out!

(I hope the menu is less complicated than the directions... :laugh: )
This is the way
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

dtaai-maai wrote:
bapak wrote:After several visits, I found it best to come along Railway Road from the Railway Station and it is the very last place on right when you get to Soi 80... and there is more possibilities of finding parking on Railway Road.
But presumably the very first place on the left when you get to soi 80, if you're coming from the station? :D

I'm looking forward to trying this place out!

(I hope the menu is less complicated than the directions... :laugh: )
Sorry... I do not know my left hand from the right... either senility or to early in the morning.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

To avoid any further confusion the (wonderful) new Indian restaurant is located where the red arrow is pointing on this map... on the corner accessible from Soi 80 and the railway road.
map.jpg
map.jpg (29.81 KiB) Viewed 11646 times
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

The menu has expanded! Some really interesting stuff like roasted whole goats leg on the back page! Beer has gone up by B10, but the large menu means you can visit many times without getting bored :-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

hhfarang wrote:To avoid any further confusion the (wonderful) new Indian restaurant is located where the red arrow is pointing on this map... on the corner accessible from Soi 80 and the railway road.
map.jpg
well done guess the visual works for most people though still cannot work out what is hard to find about the last building on soi 80 at the railway road
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

This place is certainley the best Indian in HH, love the sound of the whole goats leg.. thats gotta be tested :)
max51

Post by max51 »

Sounds good. I love Indian food. I'll put this place on my list to visit when I get to Hua Hin.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

buksida wrote:As you come up Soi 80 towards the railway its on the right-hand corner at the end of the soi, big blue and white awning. Took me a while to find it as there are no English signs, had to stop and read the Thai one.
This is a picture taken from inside Sanjyi, facing the railroad tracks. They now have a portable sign they wheel out, with both Thai & English. This pic is cell-phone quality (sorry!), but I tried to enlarge the sign portion in an inset:
sanjyi_sign.jpg
sanjyi_sign.jpg (50.55 KiB) Viewed 11474 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Tried it last night, and I give it :thumb:

My son thought he'd died and gone to heaven - wouldn't shut up about it all night.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:Tried it last night, and I give it :thumb:

My son thought he'd died and gone to heaven - wouldn't shut up about it all night.
You would expect it to be very busy from all of the positive comments on this thread - was that the case BB?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Tried it last night, and I give it :thumb:

You would expect it to be very busy from all of the positive comments on this thread - was that the case BB?

We went there last Friday around 6 in the evening and there was hardly a table vacant.
Having said that, we got our drinks straightaway and did not have to wait very long for your food.
Must also add that the naan bread portions were huge!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

When I was there, my friend and I were the only customers. I've driven by many times since then and seen the place empty with the employees sitting just waiting for business. That's day time of course. Hopefully they are doing better during the dinner hour. I guess no one other than me eats lunch here.

It is typical that a restaurant will initially open for lunch and dinner and then soon it's dinner only as people don't seem to go out for lunch. That is typically the only meal I do go out for as I usually have a couple of beers or a couple of glasses of wine with a meal and don't want to have to deal with the police that seem to be more diligent after dark.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:You would expect it to be very busy from all of the positive comments on this thread - was that the case BB?
We got there about 6 (maybe a little before) and we were the only customers. Another gentleman turned up about 15 minutes before we left.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18