Xmas dinner at Hilton/Marriot

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Hi, I have some friends over for xmas, and they want xmas dinner at the Hilton or Marriot. Anybody know the prices etc?
I can't get into town for a couple of days to check myself, and I'm not getting much joy calling, so any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mart
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

I'm sure the Hilton and the Marriot will be doing a Christmas Dinner, though I'm sure they will be concentrating on extacting as much as they can from their residents. Why the Hilton? There are a number of good local restaurants in the area who are offering Christmas dinner, with entertainment. Might be a good option, that's where I'm going.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Thanks for the reply.

Any recommendations as an alternative to the Hilton/Marriot etc?

Cheers

Mart
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

I was in Buffalo Bills a couple of weeks ago, they told me that they are offering a Christmas dinner, with entertainment. I noticed a couple of other restaurants were offering similar, but I cannot remember which ones, but rest assured there are plenty. There are some notes about the Hilton, and what they are providing, are on Hua Hin today, they are doing a Christmas Eve buffet for 4,000 baht. I think local restaurants are charging in the region of 1,000.

http://www.huahintoday.net/index.php?ac ... ews&id=591
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Bearing in mind that the "big hotels" charge their guests for Xmas etc festivities regardless of whether they want the fare or not, I have never seen the logic in supporting these overpriced, monopolistic establishments as an add on.
Go local and enjoy yourself more :cheers:
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Any body wishing full info on X mas at the H or the Sofitel please Pm me with a email address i have and will forward the full info to you
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Aren't Crawfords doing Christmas dinner?
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Jaime,

Ken is still on the fence about this one but I am sure he will come up with something. Ther are many other places doing Xmas lunch but I can not mention them on this site.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

I think Craig at U-Turn mentioned to me that he had done a Xmas dindin last year. Check him out.
Tiwi
Novice
Novice

Post by Tiwi »

Just met a nice little Danish girl in the Hilton lobby, she was telling me about the
X-Mas events over there.
Apparently they do a dinner in the chine’s restaurant on the 17th floor for 1200,
Looks pretty cool, guess I ill check it out.
They do have some more things going on but higher priced with wine and stuff.
coloradokid
Amateur
Amateur

Marriott

Post by coloradokid »

Does anyone have a menu and prices for the Marriott for either Christmas or Chrismas Eve dinners?
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

I tired to get this info but just recieved a reply from a automated system which gave no relevent info they obviously dont need the custom
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
cavkc
Amateur
Amateur

Post by cavkc »

for what it's worth, we had the Smas dinner at the Hilton. It was held indoors because of the weather but was still very good. Food was plentiful and the shows weren't bad either.

Not cheap though .... about 4,700 bht

cav
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I paid 300 Baht for an excellent x-mas dinner, included aquavit and beer.

Everything provided and made by an American in his Lucky restaurant here in HH.
No show in the restaurant, but plentiful in binta baht.
Chep.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.