Khao Soi in Hua Hin?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Khao Soi in Hua Hin?

Post by Chromeman »

I have been up to Chiang Rai a couple of times the last 2 years, and a dish from there that I have taken a real liking to is khao soi.

Is there any eateries in Hua Hin that serves good khao soi and other food from northern Thailand?
1079088_10151481681712583_675635636_o.jpg
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Khao Soi in Hua Hin?

Post by NOKYAI »

There's a stall at the Soi 88 food mall that the g/f says does a passable one cheaply
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

:D Thanks! Soi 88 it is! :cheers:
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

good business opportunity..someone please start a khao soi restaurant up,its my favourite thai dish
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Years ago, there was a small place along Petchkasem Road (on the left on your way out of the town), about where the park is, where they sold excellent khao soi, kaeng hungle and some other northern dishes. Don't know if it exists any more. Khao soi is one of my favouritse as well, along with nam phrik ong.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

There's also a small Thai restaurant across the road from the palace that does Northern Thai dishes. The owners are from the North and serve great tasting food at regular Thai street level prices. The place is located just next door to car repair place, on the left heading out of town. Only open during the day, and best to go for lunch either a bit early or a bit late because a lot of the palace staff eat there during their lunch break. The owners are very nice people, and the husband who speaks very good English likes nothing more than to sit down and talk about Jazz and the like. :thumb:

:cheers:

Their norther sausage and their chicken and potato curry are awesome.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Takiap wrote:Their norther sausage and their chicken and potato curry are awesome.
Sounds good! I do like a nice massaman curry! :D But do they also have khao soi on the menu? ;-)
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Methinks, Takiap and I are talking about the same place. In which case there is khao soi there as well.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

EXCELLENT! :cheers: :D
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

I had Khao Soi for lunch today, from the place opposite the Palace. - Very good it was too.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

I recommend Home Style restaurant on dechanuchit road opposite white sand spa...good khao soi and owners are lovely. . clean and caring of their food and guests. . Great smoothies too
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

JD wrote:I had Khao Soi for lunch today, from the place opposite the Palace. - Very good it was too.
I went there last week and can also recommend it!
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Going to check it out one of these days, but not tonight since we are going to Max Norwegian Restaurant in Cha Am.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Chromeman wrote:Going to check it out one of these days, but not tonight since we are going to Max Norwegian Restaurant in Cha Am.
Another good reason for not going tonight is that it's only open in the day time :D
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Pleng wrote:
Chromeman wrote:Going to check it out one of these days, but not tonight since we are going to Max Norwegian Restaurant in Cha Am.
Another good reason for not going tonight is that it's only open in the day time :D
Khao Soi for lunch then... ;-)