Restaurant Recommendations on Soi 80

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Restaurant Recommendations on Soi 80

Post by dundrillin »

Went to Angie's Bistro on Soi 80 last night, food was good,price was good . The place was clean and the lady owner and her daughter were very pleasant .Would go again.
Can anybody recommend any other eateries in this area?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Angie's Bistro on Soi 80

Post by hhfarang »

Just a short block to the south on the next corner of the next soi over from 80 is Maya's Bistro, probably the best German restaurant in town.

Just west on the corner of the railway road and Soi 80 is a pretty good Indian restaurant.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I like spacious open places, I like the Indian restaurant at the railway end, I also like ordering from victoria and having it delivered to dragon bar, directly over the road. Other places are small, cramped and claustrophobic.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Thanks guys
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Restaurant News

Post by blue05 »

anyone tried the new Dutch place on soi 80 opposite play sports?
dragonseeker
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Restaurant Recommendations on Soi 80

Post by dragonseeker »

had a burger at the Dutch place the other night. A rat ran across the entrance and disappeared under the boards beneath my table. Burger was OK, Rat looked healthy as well
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

dundrillin wrote:Went to Angie's Bistro on Soi 80 last night, food was good,price was good . The place was clean and the lady owner and her daughter were very pleasant .Would go again.
Check the soi 80 map. Deemas for Isaan food and Bon Appetite for pizzas and Italian food spring to mind. Not tried the Whippet Inn but have heard it is good
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

dragonseeker wrote:had a burger at the Dutch place the other night. A rat ran across the entrance and disappeared under the boards beneath my table. Burger was OK, Rat looked healthy as well
the

I stayed in the soi parallel to Soi 80 many moons ago. The whole area is full of sewer rats, as is most of the soi bin tabac area. I´ve seen rats big enough to scare cats away. Apparently nothing is being done and the Thais seem not to consider them to be vermins.

Bon Appetit!
:cheers:
Last edited by Lung Per on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A friend is only one click away
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

If they were 'cane' rats they'd be on the menu. Tasty too
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

richard wrote:If they were 'cane' rats they'd be on the menu. Tasty too
Right. There is a difference between the rats in the country, which are edible, and the sewer rats in the city.
A friend is only one click away
NAMORADO
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NAMORADO »

No good thai restaurant inthe SOI 80 ?
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Deemas is as good as you'll get in soi 80 but bare in mind there are a few dubious 'characters' that hang out on soi 80
happy eating :)
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

theprice01 wrote:Deemas is as good as you'll get in soi 80 but bare in mind there are a few dubious 'characters' that hang out on soi 80
happy eating :)
Do these dubious characters hang out in Deemas?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

NAMORADO
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NAMORADO »

I confirm Angies bistro is a good choice in SOI 80 I had one of the best ever
A pity they don t have any fresh fruit juice or coconut to drink... in a country with so many cheap fruits "Nobody is perfect.."
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

^ soi 80 in general....people say its more friendly then BintaB, but i dont see that, i just think more tourists are attracted to BB and soi 80 is more of an expat hangout
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D