[ADVERTORIAL] La Rumba Venezuelan Restaurant

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

[ADVERTORIAL] La Rumba Venezuelan Restaurant

Post by Lev »

ADVERTORIAL

La Rumba Soi 94, The first and only Venezuelan restaurant in Hua Hin

"Greeting to all of Hua Hin forum's users! La Rumba restaurant is pleased to have now its own topic here.

La Rumba is specialized in South American gourmet food, mainly Venezuelan. International food is also on the menu, as well as pizzas cooked in a firewood oven or pieces of meat, hamburgers and meat sandwich cooked on the grill. Call us at least 30 minutes before to be sure that the grill is on (in low season it is hard to keep it constantly working). If you are interested in sharing a good paella for two persons, you can do that in La Rumba ! Just advise us beforehand and you will not have to wait the necessary 40 minutes to get it ready.

Adrian Yanez, the Chef, is renowned in his homeland, Venezuela. He worked for one year in the Malabar Restaurant, in Peru, the third best restaurant in Latin America according to the San Pelegrino Review. He also worked for one year in Casa Marcial, a two-stars restaurant in the Michelin Guide. He knows how to make gourmet and copious plates, high-quality food that can not be found elsewhere in Soi 94. Come and try it, food keeps its promises !

The restaurant has available a nice sound system, Latin Music is on at all times (Salsa, Bossa Nova, Latin Jazz, Merengue, Bachata, Lambada, Samba...) and salsa shows will be offered within a few months (you can count on it, one of the Venezuelan owners is a salsa teacher).
La Rumba is open from Wednesday to Monday. Tuesday is day off.

The restaurant opens for lunch at 12:00am and closes at 10pm. You can reach us by mail (larumbarestaurant@yahoo.com) or at the following number : 0965733853. We are very easy to find, about 250m from Phetkasem Rd., on the right hand side if you come from the avenue, between Smile Hua Hin Resort and Narawan Hotel. If you pass the railway you have been too far !

Like us on Facebook (/LaRumbaHuaHin) to see pictures of our plates and learn more about Venezuela.

Hoping to see you soon, we will try to maintain this topic as alive as possible and be available to answer any interrogation of yours.

Sincerely, La Rumba team."

Please use this thread to ask any questions and communicate with establishment representatives who may also respond here.

Click here if you are interested in having your own monthly updated advertorial thread on Hua Hin's busiest website
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] La Rumba Venezuelan Restaurant

Post by dundrillin »

Good luck with your new venture. I have been and enjoyed it very much.
LaRumba

Post by LaRumba »

Thank you Dundrillin ! We are now trying to let people hear about us. So far, feedback from our clients is really positive, it has been a great experience. Our pizzas are really good, among many other things. Try us ! :)
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

A very good Irish friend introduced me to La Rumba for the opening party a month or so ago, been 2 times since and really enjoy the brilliant food and great service.

This place is run by a happy team and you should give it a go, you wont be disappointed :).

Best to all the staff at La Rumba!

JW
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Just drove by this place earlier, I have to say it looks beautiful, great decorations and ambiance I think. More restaurants should catch the eye like this one, will have to check it out this week for dinner.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Had lunch there last week and it was one of the best meals I've had in Hua Hin. I don't remember the name of the dish but it was a recommendation from one of the owners and it was a pork fillet in an amazing sauce with mashed potatoes on the bottom.

As Arnold said... "I'll be back!"
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
LaRumba

Post by LaRumba »

Hhfarang, you tried the Asado Negro, a very typical Venezuelan dish composed of a piece of porc stewed in its juices with sweet banana and mashed potatoes. One of our most successful main courses !
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Its on my list too!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

LaRumba wrote:Hhfarang, you tried the Asado Negro, a very typical Venezuelan dish composed of a piece of porc stewed in its juices with sweet banana and mashed potatoes. One of our most successful main courses !
Yes, thank you, that was it and it was delicious. The friend enjoying lunch with me had the other (pasta with chicken) dish you recommended and it was equally delicious (he gave me a taste). Sorry, forgot the name of that one too.

Keep up the good work!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LaRumba, it might help when describing a dish to post a photo with it. For example that Pork/banana dish had my mouth watering - a photo could seal the deal :D .
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
LaRumba

Post by LaRumba »

Hello everyone ! You can check our latest publication in this month's edition of Hot Hua Hin magazine. You will find page 9 our advertising and a two-pages review of our food page 38-39. Big Boy, the picture on top of the review is of the Asado Negro.

[Mod Edit] Links to rival publications are not permitted

Enjoy the reading ! (Remove the brackets around ".com" for the link to work)
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

LaRumba wrote:Hello everyone ! You can check our latest publication in this month's edition of Hot Hua Hin magazine. You will find page 9 our advertising and a two-pages review of our food page 38-39. Big Boy, the picture on top of the review is of the Asado Negro.

Went by last night. Appeared to be closed.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

LaRumba wrote:Hello everyone ! You can check our latest publication in this month's edition of Hot Hua Hin magazine. You will find page 9 our advertising and a two-pages review of our food page 38-39. Big Boy, the picture on top of the review is of the Asado Negro.

cannot open link :(

:cheers: :cheers:
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

bapak wrote: Went by last night. Appeared to be closed.
See OP
"La Rumba is open from Wednesday to Monday. Tuesday is day off"

:wink:
LaRumba

Post by LaRumba »

bsdk1960 wrote:

cannot open link :(

:cheers: :cheers:
Bsdk1960, did you remove the brackets around ".com" as specified ? We have to have at least 10 messages to post a link, we cheated a little bit to post it anyway.