Hua Hin top 10 restaurants

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
ajmcmahon47

Hua Hin top 10 restaurants

Post by ajmcmahon47 »

Ok guys , I arrive there soon with my Bride in tow for a week of golf and self indulgence...to celebrate our wedding anniv. . I don't want to simply eat at our hotel. Give me your top 10 places to eat out! You guys are the experts. I LUV Thai food so please include this in your HH top 10 restaurants. Let the games begin....

and so on...

Tony
Aussie
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin Top 10

Post by JamesWest »

Putahracsa Resort has "beds" in the bar right on the edge of the beach looking out at the water. Very romantic. I suggest you go there around 6:00pm as the sun is going down.

http://www.agoda.com/putahracsa-resort/ ... GDTPJbEJW1
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
ajmcmahon47

Post by ajmcmahon47 »

I will probably still be at the golf course. I will get here to go and wait there for me!

Tony
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

OK Coco 51,
Over looking the beach great food, romantic.
Top floor of the Hilton have a Chinese restaurant and out on the deck around it, is the best view at night of town.
The Intercontinental is beautiful, they sometimes have a fire out beach end food great bring plenty of $$$$
The Sheraton for breakfast is unreal more choice than you can poke a stick at.
Sea food that I really like is at the top end of the night market walking down it is about the second place displaying the food out the front in ice. Prawns the size I have ever seen, like 4 to the kilo.
As for thai food everywhere seems pretty good, in 3 years though I have only touched the sides.
There would be literally a 1000 places to grab tucker. That's my 5 baht worth, all the other forum will chime in with good ideas I am sure :cheers:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin top 10 restaurants

Post by Takiap »

I'm probably the last person who should be offering advice because I rarely eat out - can't afford to, but besides that, I honestly enjoy my own simple home cooking. Anyway, from my limited experience, I would recommend the following places, in no particular order:

1. Putahracsa Resort - very nice setting and good food, but expect to cough up.

2. Anantisilla (spelling???) on the beachfront in Khao Takiap. Beautiful setting, good food, rarely crowded and very affordable

3. Rua Rimtarn (spelling???) - A boat shaped restaurant also in Khao Takiap. Good food; affordable prices, and a lovely setting, particularly at night. Also quite popular with Thais which is always a good sign.

4. Mr. Burger 3 - Great place for a budget night out. Lovely setting and VERY affordable. However, while some western dishes are good here, I have found that ordering Thai food is a safer bet.

5. Natural Lake Hill - Located in Borfai up soi 6, this is a fantastic place to have lunch or dinner. The setting is remarkable, and if you have eaten at any similar places, you'll be shocked at just how reasonable the prices are at this place. Of course that could have changed since I was last there a few months back. You'll probably even be temped to book a room at the resort as well.

6. Night market - a few restaurants in the same street, with most, if not all of them serving good food at affordable prices. A definite must if you enjoy seafood, although other good food can be had as well.

7. Roadside wonders - I can only speak for myself, but I have found that if you want good Thai food, your best bet is to try some of the smaller Thai owned restaurants which you see everywhere. Just look for a place that is busy, with a lot of Thai customers. If your wife is Thai then that will help because many of the Thai places don't have menus, and of those that do, the menus are typically in Thai only. If you're lucky there may be a few pictures, or you might find one or two people offering to help you order. Alternatively, just point to someone's plate and say "same same". :thumb:

By the way, if you are going to be spending any time in Bangkok, then I would definitely recommend one of the dinner cruises on the river.

Enjoy your stay

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

My rules on Thai food.
The cheaper it is, the better it is
Never, never go to a Thai restaurants with white tablecloths.
Best ones don't have an English name, probably no English menu.
Wandering around and pointing to dishes being eaten by a Thai person is not regarded as being rude.
ajmcmahon47

Post by ajmcmahon47 »

Thanks guys, Im drooling already.....for food that is!

Tony
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

If the Monday buffet, seafood, is still on at the Dusit Thani, I would say there. Expensive, but a great variety and superb quality.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
taffinexile

Post by taffinexile »

Coco 51 is one of the tops but the Black Mountain restaurant on Nares Damri Alley just up the road from the Hilton on the other side would be my choice. I was there in April and from the moment you enter to when you leave is excellent. Not cheap. I've tried to enter it on Tripadvisor but it does not recognise it.
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Its closed
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

migrant wrote:If the Monday buffet, seafood, is still on at the Dusit Thani, I would say there. Expensive, but a great variety and superb quality.
Has anyone tried the seafood buffet recently?

I've survived another year with the wife and need to take her for some nice seafood on our anniversary.

Never been to the Dusit Thani so if the buffet is still on/good we may just give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Went to the Monday buffet last week, still superb!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

The last time we went there, Monday was the carvery night, i.e. mostly with meat cuts but also some fish dishes - absolutely delicious.

The following is from there website:

Buffet Dinner: “Carvery Night”, Monday, 18:30 – 22:00

“Barbecue Seafood”, Friday, 18:30 – 22:00