Urgent - Best Thai resturants

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
BMWHuaHin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Urgent - Best Thai resturants

Post by BMWHuaHin »

Some great recommendations here.

Can someone enlighten me on the Putaracsa recommendation? I've actually stayed there before but assumed all food was for hotel guests only. Also it's two buildings, so we're talking about the one closest to the beach?
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Pleng wrote:I've been to both Rom Mai and Chao Lay and agree that the rood there is excellent.

But they guy is looking for ambience and 5-start service. Rom Mai has neither, and Chao Lay only arguably has ambience.

The OP was looking to impress his CEO and price was no object so, personal feelings about favourite restaurants aside, I wouldn't risk anything other than a hotel where you're pretty much guaranteed the kind of service you're looking for. And in the unlikely event of having a bad meal/poor service, there'll be somebody you can complain to who will at least pay lip-service to your issues and make it look like you've tried to resolve the issue.
Absolutely PLENG some just do not read the question!!
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

This is a really good thread! I recently had my 50 th and wanted somewhere to go. Perhaps the CEO eats at high end places all the time and would like something authentic without the frills ( better warn him to put on shorts and T shirt)
I like the place overlooking the sea at Khao Tao, great seafood, but would he cope with the loos? What about street food. Noodle bars etc.
other suggestions could be Antalacilla hotel which is my favourite place for lunch. I think you should not try too hard to impress otherwise you won't be relaxed and no one will enjoy themselves.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Or take him to the food market on Soi 88!
He's on holiday and might like something different ;-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!