Any places open to eat after 10:00pm in Hua Hin?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Any places open to eat after 10:00pm in Hua Hin?

Post by JamesWest »

are there any places open to eat after 10:00pm in Hua Hin? Maybe open till midnight or later? I am not talking about noodle carts or fast food like burger king. Maybe moderate price... maybe a mix of thai and western...
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Any places open to eat after 10:00pm in Hua Hin?

Post by Pleng »

Montri's kitchen is open until about midnight I think (though I think they like you to be seated before 11)
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

if you are drinking on Soi 80, go along the railway road towards Soi 88 and just before you reach the junction on the right hand side is a Thai restaurant open until the wee hours. I picked up a BBQ fish with noodles etc after 1.30 am this morning and not for the first time.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Zero
Banned
Banned

Post by Zero »

Pagey wrote:if you are drinking on Soi 80, go along the railway road towards Soi 88 and just before you reach the junction on the right hand side is a Thai restaurant open until the wee hours. I picked up a BBQ fish with noodles etc after 1.30 am this morning and not for the first time.
Agreed Pagey. I had the BBQ salt talapia and some shrimp rice pretty late on Friday night, (make that 2.00am Saturday morning). It was very tasty.

There's also a larger Thai restaurant on the southbound Petchkasem Road (near to The Golden Place shop), which we simply refer to as "est" (due to the large neon sign that marks it out and promotes that particular brand of cola) although that is not its actual name. They are open until 5am and have a larger menu compared to the smaller Isan place on the corner of Soi 88 and the railway. Pretty good too and they seem to have a quite a few Thai's in there most nights.

Both places are a big improvement on the frankly awful fare that BK or McDonald's peddle to the HH apres bar crowd.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

There's also a larger Thai restaurant on the southbound Petchkasem Road (near to The Golden Place shop), which we simply refer to as "est" (due to the large neon sign that marks it out and promotes that particular brand of cola) although that is not its actual name. They are open until 5am and have a larger menu compared to the smaller Isan place on the corner of Soi 88 and the railway. Pretty good too and they seem to have a quite a few Thai's in there most nights.
I used to eat there quite often when we lived in Soi 16 as it was on the way home and it's rather good with some excellent fresh produce. To be honest, I don't think I've eaten better at that time in the early hours of the morning anywhere else in the world.
LaRumba

Post by LaRumba »

La Rumba restaurant Soi 94 ! :) Open until 12 (if we don't have customer we sometimes close earlier). Live music almost every night (check on Facebook to know the dates and time).

See you soon !
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Sadly though there never seems to have been much right in the centre of HH - apart from the street carts - since Gee restaurant moved further out. In fact last time I was there the centre of HH pretty much died food wise after about 11.00, by which time the Night Market eateries are packing up.
The days of the duck and noodle soup place at the top of the Night Market - and of Satukarn Square - are long gone.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Pagey wrote:if you are drinking on Soi 80, go along the railway road towards Soi 88 and just before you reach the junction on the right hand side is a Thai restaurant open until the wee hours. I picked up a BBQ fish with noodles etc after 1.30 am this morning and not for the first time.
thanks for this info. this place is now one of my favorite places for late night dinner.
Last edited by JamesWest on Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

LaRumba wrote:La Rumba restaurant Soi 94 ! :) Open until 12 (if we don't have customer we sometimes close earlier). Live music almost every night (check on Facebook to know the dates and time).

See you soon !
yes i am from los angeles and your pouched sea bass was the best meal yet for me in HH.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Zero wrote:
Agreed Pagey. I had the BBQ salt talapia and some shrimp rice pretty late on Friday night, (make that 2.00am Saturday morning). It was very tasty.

Both places are a big improvement on the frankly awful fare that BK or McDonald's peddle to the HH apres bar crowd.
could you give a soi cross street name/number so i can find this place? thanks
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

'Pouched Sea Bass' - some sort of kangaroo fish..... lol!