Traditional Thanksgiving food

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by Siani »

If I were going, I would make a dessert and take some wine.
I think the party hosts will probably have all the turkey and meats organised as they will require longer cooking.
What about Buttermilk-Lemon Chess Pie? Dead easy to make and I would imagine really easy to get all the ingredients in Thailand. Use ready made or frozen pastry, that is if you do not feel like making it. It is also successful each time.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/30199-butte ... -chess-pie
phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpeg
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by migrant »

Thanksgiving is my favorite, any holiday devoted to food, drink and football is great!!

The Thanksgiving meal is fun since there are many dishes. I used to open the house up for friends, clients away from home, and my kids college friends that didn't go home. Got up to around 50 :shock: :shock: I would cook for. Lot's of work, but fun.

Most would not ask (if they had the facilities, they probably wouldn't have come), but if they did I would say to bring drinks.

Used to do two turkeys, a ham and a prime rib, plus all sides and pies. I deep fried one of the turkeys a couple years, but changed to smoking it instead (in a smoker guys, in a smoker) which was preferred by the crowd
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Traditional Thanksgiving food

Post by hhfarang »

Take a look at the list in the advertorial for Terrace 90's Thanksgiving offering. That has a pretty comprehensive list of sides and desserts for the holiday.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?