Afternoon tea in/around Hua Hin..?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Afternoon tea in/around Hua Hin..?

Post by usual suspect »

My mother's coming!! :bow:
She actually comes to see me each year, & while she's here she normally treats the wife & I to 'afternoon tea at the Sofitel/Centura.
Well last year the price had gone up to about 850B each..the buffet's choice had shrunk considerably, & generally the experience was not enjoyed as much as other years.
So then good folk of H.H...where do we take mother-dear for an afternoon/early evening dining expirience similar to what is being served at the Centura..?
Somewhere that's a little bit 'special'..& for 850B each you come away feeling satisfied...
...help me please..suggestions..?? (You lot have till this time next week!)..55!
hhnewbie

Re: Afternoon tea in/around Hua Hin..?

Post by hhnewbie »

A proper afternoon tea at the Centara is probably the best in town. I agree the price has gone a bit far... there are a few hotels and cafe/bakery offers afternoon tea. I haven't try them all yet but Hyatt McFarlen House has afternoon tea and I think it might be compatible to Centara's atmosphere. Oh-Bon cafe at the Putharacsa hotel has great sweets but lacking the atmosphere, for casual tea it's great. I know Amari also offers afternoon tea but haven't been there...
Good luck..
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

usual suspect wrote:My mother's coming!! :bow:
She actually comes to see me each year, & while she's here she normally treats the wife & I to 'afternoon tea at the Sofitel/Centura.
Well last year the price had gone up to about 850B each..the buffet's choice had shrunk considerably, & generally the experience was not enjoyed as much as other years.
So then good folk of H.H...where do we take mother-dear for an afternoon/early evening dining expirience similar to what is being served at the Centura..?
Somewhere that's a little bit 'special'..& for 850B each you come away feeling satisfied...
...help me please..suggestions..?? (You lot have till this time next week!)..55!

Good Lord, 850 for a cup of tea and a scone? :duck: :laugh:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

I agree with the price comment regarding Centara, its just ridiculous. I went there about a month ago because it was the number one rated restaurant on Trip Advisor for some absolutely insane ridiculous reason. I went a little after 2pm which is not tea time of course but all the tables were all ready reserved for later on. I sat outside with my girlfriend and both of us were repeatedly bitten by mosquitos due to the amount of bushes and greenery around. I purchased a reheated chicken pot pie that had disgusting minced chicken meat inside, probably one of the worst pies I have ever had.

All in a all a crap experience. Would really love to know how this made it to number 1 on Trip Advisor. Guess you can't always trust it.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

850 x 3 = 2550

you can come to my house...
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.