Quality of vending machine drinking water

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Quality of vending machine drinking water

Post by Bluesky »

Just finished reading a news article with respect to the quality of water dispensed from vending machines in Bangkok with over half being found unsafe to drink. It would be interesting to know how Hua Hin compares. I wonder how many machines in Hua Hin have a regular water quality test and filter replacement.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/over-h ... e-to-drink
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Read an article about these machines years ago when I lived in Pattaya.

That report was more about the quailty of the water which in many cases was unfit for consumption. The addition of the points raised about the mechanics now confirm why I have never used them.

Obviously buying bottled water doesn't mean much without checks but I have been happy to buy the large containers and use for cooking purposes only.

What put me off the Pattaya report was finding fecal matter in the tap area of the machine, probably found on the hands of those who had used the system prior to the checks.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Quality of vending machine drinking water

Post by usual suspect »

My wifes family got taken ill whilst visiting us earlier this year..while this was a small blessing 'cos it meant the outlaws returned to Issan sooner than planned (giving me my house back again)..the wife DID point the finger at the water-machine we (used to) use.
Now as a quick rule-of-thumb..many times when the water is being dispensed it flows much quicker than normal..to me this means it is not being treated & just simply being pumped into your container..bear this in mind if you press the button & think 'Oo it's flowing thru' well today'.
Now I use water from the machine only for use in the kettle & use bottled water for drinking purposes.. when I've run out of Leo.. :wink:
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

usual suspect wrote:'.Now I use water from the machine only for use in the kettle & use bottled water for drinking purposes.. when I've run out of Leo.. :wink:
Almost certainly better to boil the Leo for most domestic uses and drink Singha :rasta:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
ExpatJohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ExpatJohn »

The same goes for a lot of the ice machines I have heard..Sorry no proof just something I have heard about ice machines and not being kept clean or up to snuff. :cheers: