Dusit Thani Sat night seafood BBQ

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Dusit Thani Sat night seafood BBQ

Post by migrant »

Was up in HH Saturday and decided to treat ourselves. Been to the Dusit Thani's Monday carvery buffet and really liked it so decided to try their seafood BBQ.

It was being held on the beach but when we walked out there rain appeared so all was moved inside.

The normal excellent DT's desserts, fruits, cheeses. among buffet items were large prawns bbq'd and steamed, slipper lobster tails, fish, oysters, various dishes combining these items and lamb chops, bbq'd pork and steak. Lot's more dishes and appetizer types too.

Was pleased, quality all good, but think the carvery buffet on Monday was better, but would return

2 glasses of wine for me, mrs m had 2 thai dishes (not buffet) and a fruit drink, 3.485thb
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Dusit Thani Sat night seafood BBQ

Post by Frank La Rue »

migrant wrote:Was up in HH Saturday and decided to treat ourselves. Been to the Dusit Thani's Monday carvery buffet and really liked it so decided to try their seafood BBQ.

It was being held on the beach but when we walked out there rain appeared so all was moved inside.

The normal excellent DT's desserts, fruits, cheeses. among buffet items were large prawns bbq'd and steamed, slipper lobster tails, fish, oysters, various dishes combining these items and lamb chops, bbq'd pork and steak. Lot's more dishes and appetizer types too.

Was pleased, quality all good, but think the carvery buffet on Monday was better, but would return

2 glasses of wine for me, mrs m had 2 thai dishes (not buffet) and a fruit drink, 3.485thb

We usually stay in Dusit when in Hua Hin as I like it so much. Mrs La Rue once stsyed there in her youth with some girl friends and wanted to show me 1st time we went to HH.
I fell in love with the place for its interor decoration, private beach and the fact that there are no western travelling agencies shipping truckloads there.
Ususally there are one or two farangs in addition to myself with their Missus and kid or two in tow, that's all.

On a side note, we once decided to try Hotel Hilton as it allows you to leave the car in the parking and walk out the door to explore HH town.
It was awful with all the western tourists clogging up the lift, the breakfast tables, the pool area. On 15t floor we could hear the bass guitar from the music in the downstairs night club.
We had booked 5 days and moved out after 2 - back to Dusit.

Mrs La Rue likes to dine at the beach restaurant on the first night. Actually, the restaurant in the Hotel where they serve breakfast and lunch has an excellent Thai menu as well. I recommend it.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Well it's all about the price - if you can afford it great.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

PET wrote:Well it's all about the price - if you can afford it great.
On one hand its about the price and whether you can afford it - from another angle its about priorities.

I have very inexpensive interests, like cross country skiing - which I can do from my house into the surrounding country side, hiking in the country side, following current events (I am a political and economic - News Freak - no one needs me to know these things but I can't stop myself being informed about what's going on), reading history, economics, traditional literature, playing the guitar, listening to music/watching music DVD's I like.

These hobbies cost next to nothing - the occassional spending spree on amazon.co.uk for books I'll read next year when I'm through the books I bought last year.

So I prioritize things like staying in Dusit Thani when in Hua Hin and eating in their restaurants.

Well, admittedly - the guitar - hobby gets out of hand at times, I have 3 guitars in the house in Palamsong and 5 guitars in my home in Norway. I bought the Brian May - acoustic guitar from Andertons Music Store in Guildford lst year and its a bloody Marvel to play.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.