Why Sakura Sushi Buffet restaurang think customer is a lier?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
mikifin
Novice
Novice

Why Sakura Sushi Buffet restaurang think customer is a lier?

Post by mikifin »

I went to Sakura Sushi Buffet restaurang with my thai wife and our 2y old son.
In the time of ordering I wanted to have the sashimi buffet (THB 499) and my wife the normal buffet (THB 299).
But then the fun started when waitress said this can not be ordered.
My wife would have to take the sashimi buffet as well. I was amazed.

For me this was out of question because wife wanted to eat only thai food anyway.
I asked the floor manager and reply was "why don't you order sashimi as separate".
Then I said if you do not trust us that is very bad customer care.
In other words they treat as liers and we left at the same minute.

I don't think I will ever go to that place again.

Does anyone else have had similar experiences?

-miki
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Why Sakura Sushi Buffet restaurang think customer is a lier?

Post by migrant »

When we lived in California this was not uncommon. Either all at the table ordered the buffet, or no one.

At the opposite end the last time we went to the Dusit Thani for their seafood BBQ buffet my wife ordered off the menu and I ordered the buffet. The waitress told my wife to go up to the buffet and get some appetizers The waitress didn't realize how dangerous that was!!)
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Sounds like a communication issue more than anything. I don't see anything in your story that indicates that the manager was calling you a liar. From what I can tell he was asking if you wanted to offer sashimi as separate pieces as opposed to using the buffet?

I don't know why they would not allow you to have different buffet options, though. That sounds odd.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I believe the issue was that both were ordering different buffets at different price ranges as migrant has highlighted.
With lots of different dishes arriving it would be difficult for the staff to ensure that each was sticking to their respective buffet items and price!!

Really this is the restaurant's problem but I see their issue
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

This is one of those disagreements when I can see and sympathize with both sides.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My daughter and her friends go to the Sakura at least once or twice a week. They could not praise it enough. However, I don't know whether they ordered different buffets. I'll ask her when I see her.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

That whole 94 complex is very sad, they are now rebuilding the stalls as little houses--but Sakura is the big success. I was asked to take a mixed (Western & Thai & Chinese) for a meal and the 299b buffet was a hit with everybody.
mikifin
Novice
Novice

Post by mikifin »

Thanks for the comments. I still would like to go to Sakura Buffet as it is really worth every baht.
But in principle I am not willing to pay 200 baht extra for nothing.

So, the solutions will be
1) going alone
2) sitting in separate tables
- feels quite funny with own family
3) 5 min delay in entering and "accidentally" meet family

10) just pay the 200 baht extra and accept TiT

What would be your choice?

-miki
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

or 11 Both order the 299b meal
pst
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pst »

Whilst doing my postgrad studies in Australia I worked part time in a number of Thai restaurants for a bit of extra money and to get to understand the people and culture better. It was a rewarding experience however it also provided me with some insights into the hospitality industry and the attitudes and conduct of people.
Generally speaking restaurants only introduce rules and guidelines as a result of being bitten or taken by customers. Yes it happens, 2 examples one customer on a table orders unlimited rice and the rest do not. Everyone helps themselves to the rice and the rest refuse to pay....'But we only had a little'. Customers want to pay individually and not accept one bill per table .. Last customer to pay is left with a large number of items on the bill which he refuses to accept after the other have left often leaving the restaraunt well out of pocket. In this situation I would give the table the account and a calculator and politely ask they sort it out amongst themselves first so the payment matched the account.Whilst I feel The affront Mikfin feels he should realize that this situation has probably been brought about by the actions of previous customers. Perhaps Sakura may better communicate by providing a written 'Conditons of dining ' to,better communicate house rules. Things are generally ok until someone ruins it for the rest.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I think that is quite in line for Sakura and p its policies to be discussed, BUT the headline is not appropriate.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

oakdale160 wrote:I think that is quite in line for Sakura and p its policies to be discussed, BUT the headline is not appropriate.

Agree! The headline is fairly harsh and perhaps more appropriately described as a customer dispute over policy. At the end of the day it is entirely a matter for Sakura how they operate,run and set policy for their business within the bounds of the law. On the other hand, the customer has the choice of accepting, rejecting or negotiating.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

pst wrote:Whilst doing my postgrad studies in Australia I worked part time in a number of Thai restaurants for a bit of extra money and to get to understand the people and culture better. It was a rewarding experience however it also provided me with some insights into the hospitality industry and the attitudes and conduct of people.
Generally speaking restaurants only introduce rules and guidelines as a result of being bitten or taken by customers. Yes it happens, 2 examples one customer on a table orders unlimited rice and the rest do not. Everyone helps themselves to the rice and the rest refuse to pay....'But we only had a little'. Customers want to pay individually and not accept one bill per table .. Last customer to pay is left with a large number of items on the bill which he refuses to accept after the other have left often leaving the restaraunt well out of pocket. In this situation I would give the table the account and a calculator and politely ask they sort it out amongst themselves first so the payment matched the account.Whilst I feel The affront Mikfin feels he should realize that this situation has probably been brought about by the actions of previous customers. Perhaps Sakura may better communicate by providing a written 'Conditons of dining ' to,better communicate house rules. Things are generally ok until someone ruins it for the rest.

Sounds to me more like a bad choice in dining companion than a problem with the restaurant.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936