Pies in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Pies in Hua Hin

Post by hhinner »

^^ Sorry! Off topic.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I am well aware that a real MM pork pie has to made by a registered Melton Mowbray bakery. Many bakeries in England make pies that look and taste just like MM pies but do not have the MM stamp. I am more than happy eating these. I also enjoy other pork pies. I have never criticized the pies from HHH&B or Soi 94, they are very good as pies go. BUT, they are nothing like MM pork pies. The discussion was not whether I can get a delicious pork pie in Hua Hin but whether I can get an MM pork pie or a good copy.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HarryVardon wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 am The discussion was not whether I can get a delicious pork pie in Hua Hin but whether I can get an MM pork pie or a good copy.
Well, for that, I would suggest the answer is no, but you can get a good pork pie.

But if you ask me nicely :D, I will be happy to bring you back a Dickinson & Morris MM pork pie from Bkk. They sell the 140g individual pie or the pack of 6 mini pork pies. They're frozen and not cheap. They eat perfectly well once defrosted.
Talk is cheap
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Pies Pies Pies very good for increasing the stomach. Any of you regular pie eaters with a waist under 36 inches ????
Will need photo proof with ID
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There is a Canadian specialty, more a Quebec specialty--Tourtiere, a flat pork pie. It is traditionally eaten at a special meal, Reveillon (Wake up) eaten when you get home from Midnight Mass on Christmas night. Trust the French to think of a meal to eat at 2am.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I see that Anna's Pork Pie shop is relocating to Ayutthaya. But they state their fresh Pork Pies will still be available from AP foods?
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I actually heard that AP foods sell more of their pies than they do from their own shop!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:01 pm I actually heard that AP foods sell more of their pies than they do from their own shop!
It was the 'fresh' bit that intrigued me. Transported fully baked 2/3 times a week or prepared, transported, then baked in Hua Hin?
Talk is cheap
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

they are frozen
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

joelle wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:35 am they are frozen
in my world a frozen whatever is not fresh

:cheers: :cheers:
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

caller wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:22 pm I see that Anna's Pork Pie shop is relocating to Ayutthaya. But they state their fresh Pork Pies will still be available from AP foods?
Already moved

Dear Hua Hin customer,
Anna's pies & Pork Pie products have now relocated to Ayutthaya. Although we will no longer be selling our fresh products in Hua Hin directly from Anna's pie shop, you can still buy our products including pies and fresh pork pies from AP Interfoods in Hua Hin. However If you have any special requests please contact pork pies Hua Hin or Anna's pies via messanger and we can arrange delivery.
Thank you all for your custom over the past 2 years. Best wishes Anna.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Meat Pie

Post by Thailightzone »

Where can I find a decent cooked beef meat pie?
Maybe a Vege & Chicken Pie?
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: Meat Pie

Post by HarryVardon »

Quite a few places. There is shop on Canal Road that sells fresh pies. Also Nany (Soi 88), Soi 88 Deli, Euro Deli (Soi 102), Zabwer (soi 112) and probably many more.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've tried many of the above, and others, but find them all fairly average.

I still think Hua Hin Ham & Bacon on Soi 41 produce the best pies in town.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

AP shop in canal road first class particularly Chicken
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.