Why do you drink Chang beer?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Why do you drink Chang beer?

Post by handdrummer »

I haven't tried Archa. i'll look for it in Hua Hin. my favorite is Guinness extra stout and I can only drink one bottle. Guinness also makes a tasty non-alcoholic called Excalibur. not available here. I also like London Porter and Coopers from Australia. for me it's the flavor, I don't care about the alcohol because I can't drink more than one of anything without getting drunk and sick & I hate that feeling. at least it keeps me from being an alcoholic.
nellyp

Re: Why do you drink Chang beer?

Post by nellyp »

i think Arch is really horrible. But as i used to drink Chang beforethey changed it, perhaps my opinion doesn't count 555. My test of a beer that tastes good is to taste it when it is not freezing cold, and Arch tastes gross like that (even worse than Chang)

These days I tend to drink Leo (Chang in Soi 88 food court), but I do drink Red Horse if I buy from Tesco. It is really cheap, and strong (always good points) and tastes as good as the rest when cold (brewed by San Miguel).

Here is a write up, but don't believe the bumph, it is just another cheap larger https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Horse_Beer