Sunday lamb roast

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Sunday lamb roast

Post by migrant »

Looking for recommendations. Sides, and Thai food for mrs m too :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: Sunday lamb roast

Post by HarryVardon »

Quite a few places doing Sunday Roasts, just about all of them serve Thai food as well. On Soi 94 Nit's Kitchen always has lamb, Zabwer on Soi 112 always has lamb. I'm not sure which of the others ALWAYS have lamb, most of them serve Chicken & Pork regularly and sometimes Beef.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The Palm Bistro have lamb on their menu this week. I'm fairly sure you can order off their Thai menu as well.

I've never tried them (afraid there'd be too much food for me), but I've only ever heard good reports about their food.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Nany's has lamb every week and they also have a Thai menu! Nany's is on Soi 88 virtually next door to Tesco.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote:The Palm Bistro have lamb on their menu this week. I'm fairly sure you can order off their Thai menu as well.
Yup, Roasts and other dishes available as well as Thai. Great beer selection as well. My favourite is the Brew Dog Dead Pony Club Pale Ale! Picked up a few bottles of that from Wishbeer in Bkk yesterday - handily just a few soi's away from where I am.
Talk is cheap
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Meat very good at Palm Bistro but the rest (especially Yorkshire Pudding) well below par. On top of that it is more expensive than the rest!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Very surprised to hear that Harry. That's the first bad report I've heard about Palm Bistro's Sunday Lunch. As I said, I'm afraid to try it on volume of food grounds - if its put in front of me I'd try to eat it, and hurt myself. However, I have a few friends that tell me its excellent.

Did you complain? What was the response?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I don't complain when something like that happens. I just never go again.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'm really surprised by Harry's comments. Granted, I've only been twice, but both times I thought the meal excellent, in all aspects. On both visits, we ordered an extra portion of veg, minus the white sauce and I thought the Yorkshire pud was fine. I wouldn't say it was the greatest Yorkshire pud I've ever eaten, but it was perfectly acceptable and these are all subjective views in any case. Harry's probably right to not return if he didn't enjoy it, but based on my own personal experience, I'll be back.
Talk is cheap
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

The Yorkshire pudding was close to being the worst I have ever had. It was almost burnt and the mixture was completely wrong, it was almost solid. When it arrived I expected an apology from the chef but when I didn't get one I assumed that it was always that bad!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

HarryVardon wrote:I don't complain when something like that happens. I just never go again.
Your attitude is understandle but in my opinion wrong. The British reluctance to complain is one of the reasons that service in the UK is poorer than in many other countries. A complaint can be made politely with the intention to improve matters in the future. I'm sure the owners of the Palm Bistro would have welcomed the feedback.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

dundrillin wrote:
HarryVardon wrote:I don't complain when something like that happens. I just never go again.
Your attitude is understandle but in my opinion wrong. The British reluctance to complain is one of the reasons that service in the UK is poorer than in many other countries. A complaint can be made politely with the intention to improve matters in the future. I'm sure the owners of the Palm Bistro would have welcomed the feedback.

I agree 100 per cent Dundrillin, but the Great Yorkshire Pudd is always a very sensitive issue, and only those of us who are true initiates can really produce the authentic version. Auntie Bessie tried and didn't do too bad, but sadly set an industry standard which many non-Yorkies now believe to be the real deal. :wink:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Not so easy to make a complaint if you are with a Thai woman, they hate that you don't accept as it is. we were at a place a while ago and piece of plastic bag was in the food, I complained, they took the plastic out of the food and thought that was ok. I refused to eat the food or pay for it and walked out, the wife didn't talk to me for days. Come to think of it I should do that more often :naughty: :naughty:
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

It is a waste of time complaining about an incompetent cook, a mistake is something different!
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

Where is the best place to buy lamb to cook myself for christmas. I looked at Hua Hin Ham and Bacon, but I thought it was a bit pricey It was 1900 for 2 kilos (thouh that did include Yorkshires that I don't particularly want.

I'm also looking for somewhere to buy some nice apple pie (cooked)