(Last) order on the pavement: Thailand

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: (Last) order on the pavement: Thailand

Post by Name Taken »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:05 am what other country provides such opportunities for humor? it's like living in cartoonland. my next business will be designing a t-shirt that has a photo of an ATM on it, with the caption: Baby, I'm your ATM, to be worn when looking for a Thai girlfriend, wife or bargirl.
You're too late! It's already been done. :wink: :laugh:
There's 10,000 ATM and Heineken t-shirts for sale in MBK. :laugh:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Name Taken wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:47 am
handdrummer wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:05 am what other country provides such opportunities for humor? it's like living in cartoonland. my next business will be designing a t-shirt that has a photo of an ATM on it, with the caption: Baby, I'm your ATM, to be worn when looking for a Thai girlfriend, wife or bargirl.
You're too late! It's already been done. :wink: :laugh:
There's 10,000 ATM and Heineken t-shirts for sale in MBK. :laugh:
Rats! Well, at least I now know that it was a marketable idea, although I doubt that the caption is available. Heineken, how gauche and utterly common. not worthy of a t-shirt. Excalibur.
buksida

Post by buksida »

BANGKOK DECLARES WAR ON FRIED BANANA VENDORS (AGAIN)
Fried banana vendors and their customers in the old quarter are in trouble if the city makes good on threats to fine them.

To clean up the historic area of Rattanakosin Island, City Hall on said this week it would fine fried banana and potato vendors. A local police commander insisted Thursday that they always have.

“We’ve always been fining them. It’s not like we’re just going to start now,” Col. Kampanat Arunsiriroj of Nang Loeng Police said by phone Thursday.

Kampanat, however, said he was not sure whether police would fine customers yet. He also was not sure where banana vendors could go to legally hawk their goods.

“They can go sell where they want, but it has to be a legal spot, like in front of a shop or something,” Kampanat said.

Paitoon Kamparat, the city council member who put forth the measure in a council meeting Thursday, said that there were too many fried banana vendors setting up haphazardly along Ratchadamnoen Avenue, Nang Loeng Road, Lan Luang Road, the Phan Fa Lilat Bridge, Maen Si Junction and other roads in the Rattanakosin area.

“The city has to reorganize fried banana and fried potato vendors so they can sell in designated areas. We have to continue supporting this Thai career,” Paitoon said.

People caught buying from vendors can be fined up to 2,000 baht, while the vendors face maximum fines of 5,000 baht. Paitoon said he will push for security cameras to be installed to monitor areas where the vendors frequently set up.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bang ... a-vendors/

:roll: ... bringing more happiness back to the people eh mr generalissimo.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson