Nescafe

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Nescafe

Post by StevePIraq »

Nereus wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm And others would say the following: (no shite)!

http://www.most-expensive.coffee/

All About Kopi Luwak – The Most Expensive Coffee In The World!

Kopi luwak is the world’s most expensive coffee. The main factor of it’s high price is the uncommon method of producing such a coffee. It has been produced from the coffee beans which have been digested by a certain Indonesian cat-like animal called then palm civet or also civet cat.
Believe me it's not so special, but it is interesting walking around their facility
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Just bought my first jar of the NEW STYLE Nescafé Gold Blend. :( Bloody awful.
The taste is completely different to the original
style and there is a dark brown bitter
residue left in the bottom of the cup!
As some of you have done, I went to their website and read their explanation for changes
and decided they were more for costs not taste.
Last time I will ever buy their coffee.
:cuss:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

We've been getting the old style 'Red Cup' from BKK but even they have run out now. I'm getting used to Moccona.
I noticed Makro have shelves of the 'new blend'. Doesn't seem to be moving!!
MikaQ5
Amateur
Amateur

Post by MikaQ5 »

Khundon1975 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:33 pm Just bought my first jar of the NEW STYLE Nescafé Gold Blend. :( Bloody awful.
The taste is completely different to the original
style and there is a dark brown bitter
residue left in the bottom of the cup!
As some of you have done, I went to their website and read their explanation for changes
and decided they were more for costs not taste.
Last time I will ever buy their coffee.
:cuss:

Yes I bought a jar of this last month
It's a pretty terrible bitter taste to swallow
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Have you guys tried a French Press. It is so easy to make real coffee. The capsule machines are another good but more expensive alternative.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

oakdale160 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:41 am Have you guys tried a French Press. It is so easy to make real coffee. The capsule machines are another good but more expensive alternative.
Used to use one long ago for dinner parties. For years we've owned a Siemens Surpresso coffee machine that grinds the beans and makes regular coffee and espresso, with a steam tube too for cappucino or hot water (used to use that but don't bother now). Lasted donkeys years and so simple. Coffee beans cost a bit more than instant but the taste is worth it. It says it's made 5978 brews to date!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I use a a Philips Senseo, which is going out of fashion a bit in the U.K., but this means the pouches are very cheap. I brought a converter to use ‘real’ ground coffee so as long as it keeps going shouldn’t become obsolete as many of these things do. I’m sorry but I don’t drink instant, god knows how they get away with calling it coffee!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

NOKYAI wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 am I use a a Philips Senseo, which is going out of fashion a bit in the U.K., but this means the pouches are very cheap. I brought a converter to use ‘real’ ground coffee so as long as it keeps going shouldn’t become obsolete as many of these things do. I’m sorry but I don’t drink instant, god knows how they get away with calling it coffee!

They are are good machine when they are working. Just managed to get a load of coffee pads for it from Europe when it decided to decided it no longer wanted to make coffee. Just waiting on bits for it at the moment so it can be resurrected.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Nestle puts B450 million into developing healthier coffee

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ne ... ier-coffee

Nestle, the Swiss multinational food and drink firm, is set to spend 450 million baht on developing technology at its factory in Chachoengsao province to produce a new premium instant coffee as part of its regional strategy to focus more on quality and less on sugar, in keeping with consumers' changing behaviour.

Audrey Liow, chairwoman and chief executive of Nestle Indochina, said Nescafe Gold Crema is the company's first premium pure soluble coffee product developed to meet the preferences of discerning Thai coffee lovers.

"We are confident that the new products will become the most preferred choice for premium pure soluble coffee, while making Nescafe Gold more accessible to Thai consumers," Mrs Liow said.

Nescafe Gold Crema comes with an innovative design and was launched in Thailand at the same time as in Western Europe. This was to respond to the sharp growth of premium coffee in Thailand in the past 4-5 years.

"Premium coffee consumption in Japan and Russia accounts for about 50% of the total coffee markets there, and we hope the trend will continue in Thailand in the foreseeable future," Mrs Liow said.

Premium coffee in Thailand is valued at 1.2 billion baht, with a growth rate of 20-30% a year.
Nescafe controls a 42% market share in the Thai premium market.

Thailand's overall coffee market amounts to 18 billion baht a year.

Of the total, some 14 billion baht is captured by 3-in-1 coffee, 4 billion baht by instant coffee and 12 billion baht by ready-to-drink coffee.

"Apart from the focus on premium coffee products, we aim to reduce the sugar quantity of Nescafe canned coffee by 1-2 grammes," Mrs Liow said. "If we decrease the sugar levels in one swoop, people will have difficulty adjusting to the taste because Thai consumers like sweet things.

"Black coffee on its own is very good. It contains a lot of antioxidants. The problem with coffee is that you add too much sugar and other things until it becomes unhealthy."

Some 95% of Thai consumers drink white coffee. But now the company sees increasing numbers of people drinking black coffee. Some 8-9% of consumers drink black coffee.

Mrs Liow said some Nescafe products already meet the government's sugar requirements. But others will need 1-2 years to be brought down to the sugar level that the government recommends.

"The company can reduce sugar and can do this from a manufacturing perspective as well," she said. "When you go out and drink, whether you go to a modern cafe or a hawker, the sugar level is very high. The government only taxes manufacturers like us, but it doesn't tax the cafes or the hawkers. Therefore, it's not so easy for the consumers to switch to low-sugar coffee. I think [the government] needs to educate cafes and hawkers as well."

According to Mrs Liow, 8% of Thais drink black coffee, compared with about 20% of people in Singapore.

The company will sell more Nescafe machines to boost black coffee consumption, she said.

Thailand is the third-largest Nescafe market out of 189 countries where Nestle is supplied, behind Britain and Japan.
In Thailand, yearly coffee consumption per capita is only 250 cups, compared with 400 cups in Japan and more than 400 cups in Britain.

In addition, the company will gear towards making its portfolio healthier in response to the trend towards better health.

Last year, 28 products were certified with the Healthy Choice logo from the Thai Food and Drug Administration, and the number will double within the next two years, Mrs Liow said.

"I think it's important to make products that have lower sugar levels and are healthier, but it's not so easy," she said. "If you remove the sugar too fast, Thai consumers may not like it."

Mrs Liow said the company needs to gradually reduce sugar intake but maintain flavour, because food and taste are very important in Thailand and in most parts of Asia.

"You need R&D and technology to improve the texture, because once you remove sugar sometimes the product tastes bland and diluted," she said. "Coffee can be watery, so technology can help a product in terms of texture and mouthfeel.

"Nutrition is not the sort of journey where you can change habits tomorrow. We have to do a lot of things in terms of improving nutrition and improving the quality of life through roadshows."
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Where do these executives learn their maths skills?

Of the total, some 14 billion bahtt is captured by 3-in-1 coffee, 4 billion baht by instant coffee and 12 billion baht by ready-to-drink coffee.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:25 pm Where do these executives learn their maths skills?

Of the total, some 14 billion bahtt is captured by 3-in-1 coffee, 4 billion baht by instant coffee and 12 billion baht by ready-to-drink coffee.
The same place hey learned their English.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Am I jinxed or what? Whatever improvements were made to make me switch from Nescafe have been copied by my Plan B brand, Moccona. So it now looks as though I'm looking for Plan C.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Oh no! I've got quite used to Moccona since Nescafe ruined their coffee.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Moccona Royal Gold for me !
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:28 pm Am I jinxed or what? Whatever improvements were made to make me switch from Nescafe have been copied by my Plan B brand, Moccona. So it now looks as though I'm looking for Plan C.
Douwe Egberts?

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact